Cinque Terre

This will be the last pack of images from my trip to Europe outside of a couple more single desktops I may add sometime. Nine of them this time around and all from an amazing string of villages in Italy called the Cinque Terre. Really pretty incredible spot and easily the loneliest stop on my trip simply because it was so beautiful and to be there alone was overwhelming really.

At any rate, to get the desktops click the image above which will link you to the zip full of images. PLEASE respect the terms of use included in the file and  remember these are not here for you to grab and make prints of or use in any commercial work. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions but otherwise, enjoy!

1. Neil Woodman - February 2, 2008 at 3:49 pm

YAY!! thanks!

2. Neil Woodman - February 2, 2008 at 4:25 pm

Having just looked at these all I can say is they’re amazing! I imported some into iPhoto and noticed you use f1.2 for some of the shots, what type of lens are you using here?

3. John carey - February 2, 2008 at 6:30 pm

pretty sneaky there, you can also use preview to see that data.. the lens I was using is the 50mm 1.2L that canon makes which I have loved but will be selling soon I hope. Actually selling both my lenses soon. I plan on consolidating to one lens again for now and buying a handheld light meter and a lighter tripod…

4. Emil Kastberg - February 2, 2008 at 7:18 pm

Once again, fantastic!

5. Catherine Sprueil - February 2, 2008 at 7:24 pm

These images are very beautiful John. I met you several years ago when I lived in NC through Emily. She sent me a link to your site. I am off to the UK in March so I hope I will be able to get some great shots while I am there. Yours are very inspiring…..

6. John carey - February 2, 2008 at 8:59 pm

Emil, thank you :)

Catherine, I feel bad to admit it but I dont remember, I’ve always been so bad with names. Im glad you enjoyed the images I have here and I wish you luck on the trip in March. Hopefully it will be as inspiring as mine was.. :)

7. Neil Woodman - February 3, 2008 at 2:34 am

;) I’ve been snooping, thanks for the tip!

8. MacAnatomist - February 3, 2008 at 2:53 am

Your photos are great, they are ones of my favourite wallpapers on my mac (I am really in love with your shots, and it doesn’t happen to me easily).

I linked your old site in mine, but soon I am going to change the url with a specific post.

I hope you enjoyed italy.

9. Catherine Sprueil - February 4, 2008 at 2:02 pm

If you are serious about unloading that 50mm lens I would like more info. I am going to be in NC Feb 13th-18th visiting Emily and other friends. I have the Canon Rebel XTi. Let me know your thoughts.

10. John carey - February 4, 2008 at 10:59 pm

MacAnatomist, Im happy to hear you enjoy the images and I appreciate the link and helping spread the word! I did enjoy Italy very much, it was really beautiful..

Catherine, Yes, I am quite serious about selling the lens, you do know its the fancy 1.2L right? just making sure is all, I will mail you as soon as I get a chance with some more info on it…

11. Catherine Sprueil - February 5, 2008 at 7:52 pm

Yes John- I am aware that it is an L series lens. I will look for your email.

12. zero - February 15, 2008 at 12:22 pm

Thank you so very much; they are absolutely divine….

• Share with friends.

By downloading any content from you agree to the following terms:

All of the images contained within this website,, are property of, John Carey unless otherwise posted. The images are distributed as freeware but they are available for personal use only on your personal computer, tablet, or smartphone as your wallpaper image. Any use of these images for any purpose other than this is a violation of these terms and anyone found using said images will be asked to either compensate the creator for doing so or be asked to stop using them immediately.

I ask that you refrain from using any images found on to create physically printed material of any kind. This includes posters, photographic prints, fliers, etc. Under no circumstances may you make a physical reproduction without written permission.

When sharing images via your personal blogs I kindly ask that you link back directly to either the post the image was taken from or the base of the website at and give a credit to Do not re-post full resolution desktop images anywhere without permission. If you would like to use an image for your blog background or something of the sort simply write to ask first. Support the artwork you admire! Also, it is greatly appreciated if you do NOT link directly to the zip files. This is more or less the same as re-posting them as it circumvents the tiny bit of support I ask of you which is to simply link back to the original post for others to enjoy the site.