Deposit Box

Shot these recently of an old light from a bank that glows a dull blue and has hand painted lettering on a sheet of glass in the middle of it. I’m not sure what the target audience these would have as desktops but it was a fun subject to shoot and they are kind of neat looking and moody so I figured why not post them, what else would I do with these anyhow. They are all straight out of the camera, only cropping here.

To download the full size desktops simply CLICK OR RIGHT CLICK HERE to download a zip file with all of them inside and no worries, my zips are clean! only jpgs and a text file with the terms of use inside, speaking of which, these are not for commercial use! Thanks and enjoy!

1. Alex - July 28, 2009 at 6:13 am

These are definitely my new favorites. Simply awesome.

2. john - July 29, 2009 at 7:37 pm

Thanks! Im happy you liked them.

3. Christophe - July 30, 2009 at 5:09 am

I agree with Alex, my wallpaper (which was already from you) got replaced the minute i saw these. Great use of the blur, simple and efficient ;)

4. Max - August 1, 2009 at 12:20 am

Hey John..

Great eye in all your pix. Definitely appreciate the moods you capture/create.

Thanks, M.

5. Dante - August 17, 2009 at 4:30 am

WOW! Your photos, like always, are WOW!

6. Bertetta - September 23, 2009 at 12:25 pm

The last picture reminds me (excuse my inner gamer-nerd) of Bioshock. It has the same kind of dark feel as the game, it uses similar font to messages in the game, and the commanding aspect of the message demonstrates authority, much like the game.

I do very much enjoy the picture :)

• Share with friends.

By downloading any content from you agree to the following terms:

All of the images contained within this website,, are property of, John Carey unless otherwise posted. The images are distributed as freeware but they are available for personal use only on your personal computer, tablet, or smartphone as your wallpaper image. Any use of these images for any purpose other than this is a violation of these terms and anyone found using said images will be asked to either compensate the creator for doing so or be asked to stop using them immediately.

I ask that you refrain from using any images found on to create physically printed material of any kind. This includes posters, photographic prints, fliers, etc. Under no circumstances may you make a physical reproduction without written permission.

When sharing images via your personal blogs I kindly ask that you link back directly to either the post the image was taken from or the base of the website at and give a credit to Do not re-post full resolution desktop images anywhere without permission. If you would like to use an image for your blog background or something of the sort simply write to ask first. Support the artwork you admire! Also, it is greatly appreciated if you do NOT link directly to the zip files. This is more or less the same as re-posting them as it circumvents the tiny bit of support I ask of you which is to simply link back to the original post for others to enjoy the site.