Some of you may already be aware of it but I thought I would mention here that I do keep a Tumblr blog going where I post images, videos, and quotes from around the web or other bits of life. I have always tried to figure out exactly what it is I want to accomplish with the page but really it has always just stood as a visual inspiration point for me. A place to keep things I enjoy and to share them with others. At one point I was posting a lot more to it so as you dig through deeper into the archives it gets a little more broad but lately I have tried to be more focused in what I post as to keep it all pretty high quality and only post things that really strike me on some level. It could give you a tiny peak into some of the imagery that inspires me in some ways. You can find the page at fiftyfootshadows.tumblr.com so click through if you have a couple of minutes and enjoy.

1. Neil - August 11, 2009 at 7:18 pm

Thanks for putting one of my images on there.

2. John - August 11, 2009 at 8:57 pm

As I mentioned above, I post things that inspire me or that I really respect in some way and some of your new stuff has been fantastic!

3. Neil - August 12, 2009 at 3:32 pm

Thanks very much very kind of you to say so.

However my Voigtlander has been sent back to the shop for investigation I think there is a problem with it winding on. I’m really gutted but hoping it can get fixed.

4. john - August 14, 2009 at 11:06 pm

Sad to hear about the camera! I hope all is well with it and it makes a quick and healthy recovery.

5. Fabian - August 15, 2009 at 9:11 am

Ohh, I’m flattered ! Thanks for including me !

6. john - August 15, 2009 at 5:23 pm

fabian, of course! you have some wonderful work! By the way, one of these rolls is a velvia 50 which i am now completely in love with…

7. Fabian - August 16, 2009 at 5:03 am

yes velvia 50 is magic ! It’s pretty expensive though, but you can get low priced, expired rolls from ebay. Nearly all of my velvia 50 captures are from expired rolls, except the Thailand captures. Frankly, I can’t see a difference between the expired and unexpired ones. You don’t even need to store them in your fridge ;)

8. Neil - August 18, 2009 at 7:43 pm

It should be OK I think I am getting it back and testing it with two rolls for the shop, because he can’t recreate the fault, if it aint right still it’s going back to japan.