Yashica Mat 124 Pt.2

This time in color, nearly a whole roll of 120 here really. These are not really highly compressed jpgs so I split the post into a “read more” to keep it from eating up the loading time too much so be sure to click the read more link for all of the shots if your curious. The model is my brother.

1. Neil - August 23, 2009 at 5:18 pm

I really love these shots, it seems you have taken things even further by conveying a quiet kinda feeling to the images. The lighting is absolutely wonderful.

I have a vested interest in seeing the Voigtlander shots though and am quite anxious to see what your R3A and 40mm have captured!

2. Alex - August 23, 2009 at 10:17 pm

Where were the first two taken at? The scenery is amazing.

3. john - August 24, 2009 at 12:02 pm

Neil, yeah, the month or so period of time I took these over presented me with a few great moments to capture and I was fortunate to capture a peaceful feeling in them, R3A shots will appear slowly ;)

Alex, These were shot locally at a lake nearby. Because of a lack of rain the water is low and gives this nice muddy beach to play on. The other, in the woods is also at this lake on a trail that winds around it. I could be more specific if your curious :)

4. Alex - August 25, 2009 at 8:06 am

I meant in terms of state, city, country, etc. :P

5. john - August 25, 2009 at 4:11 pm

haha, of course, Just north of Greensboro, NC, in the US. Or to be more exact: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=&sll=36.073499,-79.79016&sspn=0.001231,0.002368&ie=UTF8&ll=36.172889,-79.866507&spn=0.00246,0.004737&t=k&z=18

Looks strange from above with all those huge houses around but you dont see them much from the trail…

6. Antoine - September 1, 2009 at 5:35 am

The first one is just amazing! I like the composition very much!

What kind of film did you use?

7. john - September 1, 2009 at 1:20 pm

The film was Kodak Portra 160NC. It came out nice for the most part but I am realizing that I enjoy shooting with the VC more. The Portra NC is truly a film where you get exactly what you see in front of you, there is simply no color exaggeration at all and that can be fantastic for some things but I like that little bit of extra saturation in the VC. I still have two rolls left of this though so got to get through it first :) anyways..

8. Taras - August 22, 2010 at 11:24 pm