Paper Swans

These images were shot recently out at the lake I often visit nearby, this time I brought a prop along, heh. I know it has been WAY to long since I have posted! Both here and on You Disappear but I really hope to get the ball rolling again, I have a dozen or so albums backed up for and another couple desktop posts ready to format and get up here, just have to make the time for it. Thats not including a ton of film shots I would love to share here as well.

All in good time my friends :)

To download the full resolution desktops of the photos above simply CLICK OR RIGHT CLICK HERE to grab the zip file with all three as well as the terms of use which I threw in there as well in case your curious. Pretty much no commercial use without my permission and if you share them please please please link back here, thanks and enjoy!

1. Connor - September 25, 2009 at 6:39 am

Awesome shots, but it looks like the download link doesn’t work.

2. Sean - September 25, 2009 at 8:14 am

Yeah these look fabbo, can’t wait to download ;)

3. john - September 25, 2009 at 11:15 am

woops! thats what i get for posting late at night, hehe..

4. Neil - September 25, 2009 at 5:32 pm

This is wonderful, these are wonderful which lens was it the 50mm?

5. john - September 25, 2009 at 5:37 pm

Glad you like them, yep it was my 50 1.2 which is the only lens I shoot with on the 5D these days unless I’m around someone with a different lens to mess around with. Putting my 24mm1.4 up on ebay tonight to help cover the cost of that hasselblad heh.

6. Belinda - September 29, 2009 at 3:53 pm

i love them :)

7. val - October 7, 2009 at 4:33 pm

Swans! Hurray! :)

8. Ana - October 18, 2009 at 1:30 pm

Hi there!
    I just came here to tell you that I found this first picture of the paper swan on the internet, and I searched for the website at the bottom left just to tell you that this pic is amazing and that it causes a great (and positive) effect on me. I don’t know if you meant that when planning the picture or even shooting it, but I just though it would be worth it if I left a comment here and told you what I thought.
    And well, just… great work, congrats :)
    Greetings from Spain,

9. Paper Swans Premium Widescreen Wallpaper | Random Wallpapers – Premium Widescreen Wallpapers - October 28, 2009 at 12:30 pm

[…] for updates on this topic.Powered by WP Greet Box Credits for this Premium Widescreen Wallpaper: FFS | 2560 x 1600 ArrayArrayArrayArrayArrayArrayArrayArrayArray Vertical1240956 = false; […]

10. Luka - November 14, 2009 at 8:51 am

I just posted them on my site great wall love it

11. Fadi - March 30, 2010 at 10:14 am

Hey John,

Absolutely love your photographs, they’re exactly what I’ve been looking for in a desktop image!

I am having trouble expanding your .zip files on my mac tho……I’ll def look into it on my end, but I thought I’d see if anybody has had this problem before

12. john - March 30, 2010 at 10:27 am

Fadi, I’m not sure why they are not cooperating for you :( I have tested a few, including this one on a couple different computers and have not had a problem.

The only reason I do it this way is to avoid people stealing the higher resolution images for their website backgrounds which was happening often when I simply posted the jpgs.

If you continue to have trouble just send me a quick mail and I will send along the jpgs of ones you would like to you :)

13. Mulberry - April 22, 2010 at 7:12 pm

So beautiful shots!!!

I really liked this and recommended it in my blog, together with a Chinese poem.

Hope you don’t mind, and thanks for your great work.

14. Vicky - September 2, 2010 at 4:18 pm

GREAT PHOTO!!! But, I don’t know what program to use when I open the zip file. I downloaded it but now I can’t open it. Any advice?

15. Paper Swans « Putokaz - October 30, 2010 at 4:40 pm

[…] […]

• Share with friends.

By downloading any content from you agree to the following terms:

All of the images contained within this website,, are property of, John Carey unless otherwise posted. The images are distributed as freeware but they are available for personal use only on your personal computer, tablet, or smartphone as your wallpaper image. Any use of these images for any purpose other than this is a violation of these terms and anyone found using said images will be asked to either compensate the creator for doing so or be asked to stop using them immediately.

I ask that you refrain from using any images found on to create physically printed material of any kind. This includes posters, photographic prints, fliers, etc. Under no circumstances may you make a physical reproduction without written permission.

When sharing images via your personal blogs I kindly ask that you link back directly to either the post the image was taken from or the base of the website at and give a credit to Do not re-post full resolution desktop images anywhere without permission. If you would like to use an image for your blog background or something of the sort simply write to ask first. Support the artwork you admire! Also, it is greatly appreciated if you do NOT link directly to the zip files. This is more or less the same as re-posting them as it circumvents the tiny bit of support I ask of you which is to simply link back to the original post for others to enjoy the site.