Forest Through The Trees

I know this is not particularly anything new in the photography world but as I was driving back through the mountains after some work I had this fog had settled in a valley around a big waterfall and I simply had to take advantage of these beautiful trees and get a couple of nice desktop images out of it. I thought this touch of yellow and blue added something nice to the feeling these have. I also shot a few film photos while I was there and they are being developed today so hopefully some more photos to share soon!

To download the full desktop image simply CLICK OR RIGHT CLICK HERE to download the zip containing both the images and the terms of use, no commercial use please!

ALSO! I LOVE all of you who have been helping out and posting links here to the site, your help is what keeps me going and helps spread the word of 50ft and what I am doing here but could I ask one little favor of you all who are sharing images? I certainly don’t mind the occasional use of an image as a tumblr or blog background and I certainly dont mind when you repost images around in your blogs but if you link back to a specific desktop could you do me a favor and link back to the permalink page where you can download the desktop rather than linking directly to the .zip file?

I am not going to go around policing the web or anything but your understanding would be pretty helpful :) I love my readers and I love that you guys help me out and the reason I use zips are to help push people in the sites direction so if you could help me out by doing that in the future I would be very much grateful, thank you(!) and I hope you continue to enjoy what I do around here.

1. Neil - January 28, 2010 at 5:33 am

Really like the second desktop I have it going on my Mac at the moment, looks excellent.

2. Joel - February 2, 2010 at 9:13 am

Whoa! Great shots, some of my favorites of all of your desktops.

3. Ray Brown - February 3, 2010 at 3:20 pm

Wow. I am perpetually fascinated by your photography, which has been the only thing to adorn my desktop for months now. Keep up the great work!

4. Paul Colnaghi - February 8, 2010 at 7:55 am

Hi John,

I’m not sure if you’ve been asked/answered this question before, but would you be interested in doing iPhone versions of these wallpapers?

I for one would love reworked versions of some of these on my phone…

Keep up the good work sir

5. john - February 10, 2010 at 3:29 pm

Paul I have thought about that and think its a cool idea, Im just deciding how to go about it, maybe just from time to time make a iPhone post with a bunch of the more recent desktops in iPhone form, or perhaps just add phone versions in the future. I also have my eye on getting some ipad wallpapers going soon too.

6. vixca - July 22, 2010 at 3:14 pm

I love your work ..

Keep it up man .. :D

7. Erik - September 22, 2010 at 10:03 pm

I have this desktop both at work and at home at the moment. I love it.

8. Robin - December 12, 2010 at 8:56 pm

Those are both really beautiful, calming pictures. Thank you so much for sharing them with us!

9. Vladimir RUssia - May 27, 2011 at 6:50 am

Nice work. I saw her in the film “The Mechanic”. U do great job. THX !

• Share with friends.

By downloading any content from you agree to the following terms:

All of the images contained within this website,, are property of, John Carey unless otherwise posted. The images are distributed as freeware but they are available for personal use only on your personal computer, tablet, or smartphone as your wallpaper image. Any use of these images for any purpose other than this is a violation of these terms and anyone found using said images will be asked to either compensate the creator for doing so or be asked to stop using them immediately.

I ask that you refrain from using any images found on to create physically printed material of any kind. This includes posters, photographic prints, fliers, etc. Under no circumstances may you make a physical reproduction without written permission.

When sharing images via your personal blogs I kindly ask that you link back directly to either the post the image was taken from or the base of the website at and give a credit to Do not re-post full resolution desktop images anywhere without permission. If you would like to use an image for your blog background or something of the sort simply write to ask first. Support the artwork you admire! Also, it is greatly appreciated if you do NOT link directly to the zip files. This is more or less the same as re-posting them as it circumvents the tiny bit of support I ask of you which is to simply link back to the original post for others to enjoy the site.