In The Woods

IMG_7628.mCYGQwvBY7RL.jpg
I randomly decided to disappear into the woods for a couple of nights last week and took a bunch of photos with my Hasselblad and XA2. The little mini backpacking trip was wonderful and besides all the humidity and bugs, I had the valley to myself that I was in and it was really great to get away from things for a bit, take some photos, and just breathe. I left with a belly full of dehydrated foods, river water, a clear mind, and a few rolls of film exposed so Im looking forward to see if I got anything good. I will get them all developed next week, until then, I also snapped a handful of photos with my iPhone, messing about with a new app to see what it could do. Its nice really, but pretty much the same as the rest, a bunch of gimmicky filters thats fun for snapshot stuff like this but pretty shallow overall. It was really overcast and cloudy and the threat of heavy rain was around every corner while I was out so it was a bit dark in a lot of these still, hope you enjoy them. I will get some new desktops up this week, promise! (a new 50ft radio is on its way too!)

Follow the read more link for the rest of the photos…

IMG_7584.lE1h7Nl1Z94V.jpg

IMG_7586.kue0j4C6ww1h.jpg

IMG_7600.N0UgdAZVOua6.jpg

IMG_7603.3INcW0Pmem8b.jpg

IMG_7606.CsUTa5lhUNOu.jpg

IMG_7612.RRhJNBUbzH7M.jpg

IMG_7619.506O2SvreB89.jpg

IMG_7623.dOPm9vKyrEA6.jpg

IMG_7634.Vs23l4oLvvQ1.jpg

IMG_7636.0FElRP03r1JM.jpg

IMG_7637.LBiwW1fCqel5.jpg

IMG_7641.FzCot1dlpoAs.jpg

Comments

1. Cbass - June 19, 2010 at 1:48 pm

Your pictures are so awesome, just loved the one with the small river….it makes my mind fly, and at same time, makes me want to be there and enjoy that cool forest (I’m a huge nature lover)….the landscapes are so nice too. They’re a good source of inspiration for some sweet illustrations :D I added your website to my fav bookmarks so get used to see me posting a comment from time to time :D

Cheers! :D

2. Gavin - June 20, 2010 at 11:52 am

Goldangit, John – you’re just such an excellent photographer! The ladybug shot is so good it looks fake and I totally love the last shot of the fence and the field.
    Thanks for sharing, as usual. :)

3. Neil - June 20, 2010 at 6:21 pm

Lovely shots especially 5th one down with the bokeh rocks, really hoping that is a desktop or something similar.

4. sunhead - June 21, 2010 at 8:35 am

awww brings back great memories, love your pics! :):)

5. Karlyn - June 21, 2010 at 6:25 pm

Looks like a beautiful, peaceful break..

6. Mike - June 22, 2010 at 1:52 am

The colours in that last shot are great, but the composition is what makes it really stellar. Where were you camping?

7. Dave - June 22, 2010 at 8:37 pm

Remind me again why I’m in this gigantic tree-less city? ‘Cause I sure can’t remember!

Lovely shots John, your photos makes me miss a place I’ve never been to before.

8. Sam - June 24, 2010 at 8:06 am

Man, your pictures are awesome, lovely colours, and the composition is spectacular, as always.
    Keep up the good work.
    Sam From France.

9. I am going on a Trip - August 6, 2010 at 10:13 am

[…] inspirational post was In The Woods by fiftyfootshadows. I randomly decided to disappear into the woods for a couple of nights last […]

10. Christoph Spiegl - August 6, 2010 at 10:15 am

You are a source of inspiration. Not just for photography also for trips. I often thought about disappearing into the woods and hopefully I will sometime soon. For now I am going on a other trip (a 7 day road-trip).

I quoted you in that post