Some Other Time

some other time

The title of this was lifted from my iTunes library, a common place to find titles for images I cant imagine one for. A great jazz song performed by Bill Evans. Anyways, this is another image from my trip to Korea earlier in the year. You may recognize the birds which are the same seagulls from a previous desktop which was a favorite for a lot of readers. This was a ferry that took cars to and from an island I visited. One of the attractions of it is bringing along crunchy, shrimp flavored snacks and throwing them to the seagulls which circle the boat as it travels from shore to shore. It was a beautiful ride as you can see, the sun was setting and it made for a number of really nice photos. For anyone wondering that is YoungDoo there also taking photos of the birds in the sunset. You can see she also has one of those great Souldier camera straps that I love so much.

To download the high resolution desktop wallpaper along with the iPhone and iPad versions simply CLICK OR RIGHT CLICK HERE to get the zip file with everything nice and tidy and ready for your consumption. You will also find the terms of use which state that there is no commercial use allowed, these are made available only for your desktop wallpapering needs. If you would like to share simply use the above smaller image and link back here, please do not re-host the full resolution images without asking. Thanks so much for your understanding and enjoy!

iPad direct download.
iPhone direct download.

1. Carlos Cabezas - September 12, 2010 at 3:09 am

Very Nice Picture,,,,, What was the setup of the camera?

2. john - September 12, 2010 at 5:03 am

Do you mean what f-stop and shutter speed and all this? It was shot with a 5D paired with a 35mm 1.4L lens probably shot at iso50 with a 1.4 aperture…

3. Aaron - September 13, 2010 at 9:44 pm

Great shot, John! Love my Souldier strap as well. I get tons of compliments on it all the time. Thanks for that recommendation!

Be well.

4. 淘宝精品导购 - September 15, 2010 at 10:20 am

5. Matt - January 13, 2011 at 8:43 pm

just noticed this –

Have a look at the image they used….

6. John - January 13, 2011 at 8:56 pm

Matt, hehe well look at that, sure enough! Looks like they just used the wallpaper image they had been using that moment or a photo from their photo folder without thinking much about it. Funny though and hey! Nice catch! I’ll have to leave a little comment over there, set things straight ;)

7. I think I’d order my life via Amazon if I could. » Blog Archive » Pieces. - April 15, 2011 at 12:56 am

[…] S. You may download the above photo by John Carey, here. stLight.options({ publisher:'wp.fd12f26a-2f19-4565-a4e1-66291092e8f4' }); Posted on […]

• Share with friends.

By downloading any content from you agree to the following terms:

All of the images contained within this website,, are property of, John Carey unless otherwise posted. The images are distributed as freeware but they are available for personal use only on your personal computer, tablet, or smartphone as your wallpaper image. Any use of these images for any purpose other than this is a violation of these terms and anyone found using said images will be asked to either compensate the creator for doing so or be asked to stop using them immediately.

I ask that you refrain from using any images found on to create physically printed material of any kind. This includes posters, photographic prints, fliers, etc. Under no circumstances may you make a physical reproduction without written permission.

When sharing images via your personal blogs I kindly ask that you link back directly to either the post the image was taken from or the base of the website at and give a credit to Do not re-post full resolution desktop images anywhere without permission. If you would like to use an image for your blog background or something of the sort simply write to ask first. Support the artwork you admire! Also, it is greatly appreciated if you do NOT link directly to the zip files. This is more or less the same as re-posting them as it circumvents the tiny bit of support I ask of you which is to simply link back to the original post for others to enjoy the site.