Guest Desktop

Antelope Island

First of all, isn’t this a great photograph? I love the way the plant life in the front of the image gives a nice overall softness yet when your eyes are inevitably sucked inward to the buffalo there is a crisp sharpness. I’m jealous of this shot because it’s not one of my own. I wanted to kick off my guest desktop series with a great image and one has stuck in my mind for quite some time now which I found among a readers web site and knew I would eventually have to find an excuse to post it eventually. The photographer is Tim Sondrup of Utah. I am happy to share this lovely image with everyone and I hope for it to mark the begining of a great new series on 50ft. As you may have noticed, wallpaper posts which contain photos that are not my own will have a nice little tag to let you know that it is a guest image. I have asked Tim to share a few thoughts on the photograph, so without further adeu, I will hand this over to him.

“Antelope Island State Park, located on the Great Salt Lake in Utah, is a quick 20-minute drive from my house, and yet whenever I go there, I feel like I’ve stepped into a whole other realm. The island is beautiful, immense, and perhaps more than anything, quiet. In addition to antelope and other wildlife, the island is home to more than 500 free-roaming bison, which can usually be seen from the main road. Such was the case with this particular bison on the horizon. I saw a perfect photo opportunity, framed my subject, and pressed the shutter button.” – Tim (Shot with a Canon EOS 5D & Canon EF 50mm f/1.4)

You can see more of his work over on his website. Thanks so much for sharing this great image Tim!

1. Kenneth Rawlings - December 6, 2011 at 6:16 pm

Great photo. My grandmother used to live on the mountainside across the valley from Antelope Island. Sunsets over the island are beautiful.

2. Carlos Cabezas - December 6, 2011 at 8:47 pm

Great Picture!!!

3. Billy Adams - December 6, 2011 at 11:02 pm

This looks to be a great start to a new series! Thanks for hooking us up with an amazing photographer. Looking forward to discovering the work of more!

4. Sandy - December 7, 2011 at 6:16 am

I love this picture. It gives me a peaceful scene.

5. Blair - December 7, 2011 at 7:29 am

As others have said, Guest Desktops are a top idea. Will be excellent to learn of some other talented artists. Thanks!

6. george - December 7, 2011 at 7:51 am

Great shot! Looking forward to more of this new section.

7. Anmol Sarita Bahl - December 7, 2011 at 9:51 am

I love the serene environment and the strong nature of the bison. Wonderful guest desktop to work with!

8. John - December 8, 2011 at 1:35 am

Great first shot of this series. Looking forward to more guest posts!

9. DavidR - December 8, 2011 at 2:34 am

Great photo! The composition is very interesting and it’s a gorgeous subject. Looking forward to more guest photos. :-)

10. Soundman - December 8, 2011 at 6:16 am

It wouldn’t be any kind of a coincidence that the first picture in this new series is from a photographer from Utah would it. My favorite place on the planet. Great choice.

11. Lauren - December 8, 2011 at 7:51 pm

Fantastic! The composition is beautiful… looking forward to this series!

12. Antelope Island | Tim Sondrup | Photographer - December 20, 2011 at 7:05 am

[…] Featured on! […]

13. arne - December 23, 2011 at 2:43 pm

absolutely amazing photo. thank you so much.

14. Courtney - January 23, 2012 at 12:09 pm

Absolutely stunning. I love the texture of the grass against the soft skies.

• Share with friends.

By downloading any content from you agree to the following terms:

All of the images contained within this website,, are property of, John Carey unless otherwise posted. The images are distributed as freeware but they are available for personal use only on your personal computer, tablet, or smartphone as your wallpaper image. Any use of these images for any purpose other than this is a violation of these terms and anyone found using said images will be asked to either compensate the creator for doing so or be asked to stop using them immediately.

I ask that you refrain from using any images found on to create physically printed material of any kind. This includes posters, photographic prints, fliers, etc. Under no circumstances may you make a physical reproduction without written permission.

When sharing images via your personal blogs I kindly ask that you link back directly to either the post the image was taken from or the base of the website at and give a credit to Do not re-post full resolution desktop images anywhere without permission. If you would like to use an image for your blog background or something of the sort simply write to ask first. Support the artwork you admire! Also, it is greatly appreciated if you do NOT link directly to the zip files. This is more or less the same as re-posting them as it circumvents the tiny bit of support I ask of you which is to simply link back to the original post for others to enjoy the site.