50ft Radio Volume Six

Welcome back to the latest edition of 50ft Radio. This time around I originally set out to make a mix for the winter with a touch of a holiday feel but it evolved like these always do and ended up being a mix of ambient music. Most of what you will hear here is piano driven but ventures into left field exploring ambient music. There are both newer discoveries and old favorites that seemed to fit in well. I still feel like its a great mix for the winter, all instrumental, great for a study session or a quiet evening with a good book. I hope everyone enjoys it!

I get a fair amount of questions about how these mixes are made with the enhances cover art and chapters. I simply use GarageBand and use the podcast format to add chapters, artwork, and links. It’s super easy to put one together and a lot of fun.

I have the next one already underway and it will contain a lot of music that I could never manage to fit into other mixes but its taking shape nicely and will probably start releasing these as a monthly series. As with the other mixes here I ask that you not re-distribute these in any way shape or form. Enjoy it responsibly. If you find music you love then, please support the artist by buying a record, shirt, or going to a show. They cant keep doing what they do without it. These mixes were created for the love of music and helping artists gain exposure to new ears not just senseless sharing. Its important to me and I thank you for your understanding. Enjoy!

You can find a zip file with the mix and track listing here. (track listing only)

1. Fr. - January 19, 2012 at 4:26 am

Three plays in three days: I love it, thank you very much! Highlight: track 16.

2. Ad - January 20, 2012 at 7:38 pm

Very excited about this but the link seems to be broken.
    Nevertheless cheers for the great work so far mate!

3. Calvin - January 21, 2012 at 4:25 am

I can’t seem to see the track listing in my iPad’s Music app? It all appears as a single hour-long track, whereas in Volume 5 I could jump to specific tracks within the mix during playback?

4. John carey - January 21, 2012 at 6:37 pm

The link was down for a bit but it’s working again. Also, the file type is exactly the same as it has been with chapters and all. I will check it on my iPad when I get a chance, I’m curious to see.

5. Nat - January 22, 2012 at 1:39 am

This is a very lovely and relaxing mix. Thank you for taking the time to put it together! This one’s staying in iTunes.

6. Calvin - January 22, 2012 at 2:48 am

I can see the chapters in my iPhone though. Strange.

Anyway, thanks for such a wonderful mix!

7. OreerO - January 22, 2012 at 6:50 pm

I also have to admit that this compilation was very peaceful and relaxing (even more than the side b of the volume five). When listening it I feel like there is no trouble and my life is bright. Thanks for the compilation and your time spent on that project.

8. Dane Henson - January 24, 2012 at 7:44 pm

I love this mix! Not surprisingly, the music makes me feel the same way I do when I’m looking at your photos. I can’t wait for more!

9. Shijun - January 29, 2012 at 8:19 pm

I really love to listen to those compilations. It would be great if you do that more often !

10. ratheesh - February 5, 2012 at 10:59 pm

great… i am visiting first time your site…. i like it very much….. keep it up…

11. Mauri - December 10, 2013 at 12:43 pm

Would be nice to have a Soundcloud page for 50th Mixes to listen by streaming :)