Browny 70

I have had this sitting on the back burner for a long while now. I was never quite sure whether or not to use it but after a mini survey I had a couple of readers say yes to a food focused desktop. I have a couple around actually but thought this would be good because who doesn’t enjoy a good waffle from time to time?

This was taken near Seoul at a local bakery that doubles as a coffee shop which is also a café, a little of everything really, but all delicious. It’s called Browny 70 and YoungDoo actually designed their website and did some photography work for them last year. At any rate, this amazing plate of food had oranges, bananas, ice cream, brownies, shaved almonds, and of course ,waffles. A refreshing snack. I liked this photo of it as opposed to a more direct shot because of the anticipation drawn from her hand and fork as she moves in to start eating. To download this tasty desktop simply use the links found below.

1. Aqeel Fikree - January 21, 2012 at 10:58 pm

Just what the doctor ordered. Thanks.

2. Blair - January 21, 2012 at 11:33 pm

Yeah thanks. Suddenly I’m starving.

3. Carlos Cabezas - January 22, 2012 at 4:09 am

I wish I have that every day,… =P

4. Karla - January 22, 2012 at 3:33 pm

I’m constantly blown away from all your photographs. You have a unique perspective which is refreshing.
    I love how this food photography includes human aspect. I’ve never seen anything like this before.

5. Carsten - January 22, 2012 at 6:17 pm

Funny idea for a desktop :)

6. William - January 24, 2012 at 10:58 am

hello, may I know how do you take pictures with such high dynamic range? i use 5D markII and i’m pretty sure if i was the one taking this pic the white on the lady’s shirt will be blown-out. pls teach me thank you ><

7. John - January 26, 2012 at 7:50 pm

I’m so happy to hear that this was enjoyed by some of you, I guess I will add food photos to the list of possible desktop ideas.

William, this was pretty much straight from the camera and they key to this is not a trick so much as it is simply good exposure. This combined with a keen eye for the natural dynamic between light and dark. Perhaps do a little reading on the Ansel Adams Zone System. You don’t have to follow this to the letter but it may help gain a little insight into what to look for while shooting.

8. Joanne - February 16, 2012 at 3:38 pm

John; You are incredible.! Please post a pic of yourself.!

9. Weekly Wallpaper: 50 Foot Shadows | Lifehacker Australia - September 12, 2012 at 4:17 pm

[…] Download this wallpaper [50 Foot Shadows 2560×1600] […]

10. Give Your Desktop Something Sweet with These Sugary Wallpapers | Tips for the Unready - November 7, 2012 at 2:23 pm

[…] Download this wallpaper | 50 Foot Shadows 2560×1600 […]

11. Weekly Wallpaper: Give Your Desktop Something Sweet | Lifehacker Australia - November 7, 2012 at 5:00 pm

[…] Download this wallpaper [50 Foot Shadows 2560×1600] […]

• Share with friends.

By downloading any content from you agree to the following terms:

All of the images contained within this website,, are property of, John Carey unless otherwise posted. The images are distributed as freeware but they are available for personal use only on your personal computer, tablet, or smartphone as your wallpaper image. Any use of these images for any purpose other than this is a violation of these terms and anyone found using said images will be asked to either compensate the creator for doing so or be asked to stop using them immediately.

I ask that you refrain from using any images found on to create physically printed material of any kind. This includes posters, photographic prints, fliers, etc. Under no circumstances may you make a physical reproduction without written permission.

When sharing images via your personal blogs I kindly ask that you link back directly to either the post the image was taken from or the base of the website at and give a credit to Do not re-post full resolution desktop images anywhere without permission. If you would like to use an image for your blog background or something of the sort simply write to ask first. Support the artwork you admire! Also, it is greatly appreciated if you do NOT link directly to the zip files. This is more or less the same as re-posting them as it circumvents the tiny bit of support I ask of you which is to simply link back to the original post for others to enjoy the site.