Yesterday desktops

One Day

Time has been escaping me, as usual. I have a few very specific goals for the end of this year here on fiftyfootshadows and I plan to make them happen one way or another. Time is ticking yet October proved immense and busy leaving me with very little time to post and share much new with everyone. I did find a moment to snap a few fall photos this year and while they are being posted right up against the end of fall I am still certain there are many of you who will enjoy them so I figure why not.

I can’t remember when I started messing about with these sorts of low low angles but it somehow became a classic viewpoint for the wallpaper imagery I post around here. I do enjoy using foreground objects to obscure the frame and the leaves were fresh and crisp leaving me these beautiful shapes to work with. YoungDoo laying behind them led to a perfect point of interest in the fuzzy world behind the leaves and her shape really makes the photo in my eyes.

I will leave it at that and say that I will announce a project I am working on at some point in mid November if all goes well. Something that has been a long time coming for sure. For now though, enjoy the new images and I will see you again soon.

Tomorrow desktops

Today desktops

Comments

1. Chris - November 8, 2012 at 3:20 pm

Gorgeous as always. Fall is definitely my favorite season… Eager to hear about the new project! Thanks.

2. Su - November 8, 2012 at 8:07 pm

Love it!

3. Laurie - November 9, 2012 at 11:19 am

Even before I read your description I was struck by the the first photo. It makes me think of napping in a park on a warm autumn afternoon, waking up and seeing the not-quite-awake blurry outline of someone I love.

Thank you John, another gem.

4. Adam Schoales - November 9, 2012 at 11:59 am

Beautiful stuff! Love fall and was looking for a really great fall wallpaper the other day.

And then this pops up. Perfect.

Keep up the amazing work!

5. ivan M - November 10, 2012 at 10:19 pm

This is beautiful. Did you add some coloring to the photo? I really like the creamy tones.

6. Fahad - November 11, 2012 at 11:44 am

Dude you are the best, love it ..

7. John Carey - November 12, 2012 at 9:29 am

ivan, Not too much post work at all, this is all that was added. The color was simply from my white balance in combination with the light, color of the leaves, and lens (Canon 35mm f/1.4L) Here is a screen shot of the adjustments made: http://50ft.me/Ls0B

8. Melethil - November 12, 2012 at 7:55 pm

Beautiful!! In fact I don’t know a better word!

9. Lauren - November 20, 2012 at 1:36 pm

So peaceful! Truly captured the essence of the moment. :)

10. zghsnail - November 28, 2012 at 2:55 am