Golden

Field Of Gold

On a recent drive to Florida I took a wrong turn and ended up right on top of this wonderful field of wheat begging to be photographed. Unfortunately there were no crop circles present but the vine covered tree in the background caught my eye and left me with a nice tool to offset the ocean of wheat in the photos. I was tempted to go stand out in the field for a few shots but who knows how far off the farmer would be and I didn’t want to go stomping down someones hard work.

This is another instance of my backwards approach to shooting a landscape using f/1.4 in broad daylight, consciously running the risk of blowing out my highlights but leaving me with that characteristic vignetting and contrast. I did end up abusing the color temperature to pull out that warm golden color as well. Couldn’t really help myself!

Golden Two

Comments

1. DavidR - July 10, 2013 at 6:36 pm

Both are gorgeous. I happen to like the second a bit more.

2. Robert - July 11, 2013 at 8:26 pm

Do you remember where in Florida you found this field? If it’s near the Orlando area, I’ll take a trip there. :)

3. Lauren - July 12, 2013 at 2:54 pm

Love these! Something wonderful about a field of wheat ~ beautifully captured. :)

4. jmabeeviz - July 13, 2013 at 11:06 am

love it as usual. looks great on iOS 7.

5. SoundMan - July 15, 2013 at 1:14 am

Robert – the field was in South Carolina near the town of Society Hill (a speed trap town by the way.) It was taken on the way south to the final destination in Florida.

6. Robert - July 15, 2013 at 3:23 pm

Thanks for the correction and info SoundMan.

7. SoundMan - July 16, 2013 at 1:24 pm

Robert – No problem. Couldn’t have you running around Orlando looking for a wheat field that wasn’t there an getting eaten by a gator.

8. steve - July 22, 2013 at 9:33 am

beautiful!

IMAGES FOUND WITHIN THE FIFTYFOOTSHADOWS.NET PARALLAX WALLPAPER PACK ARE ©JOHN CAREY AND MAY NOT BE USED FOR ANY COMMERCIAL USE WITHOUT PERMISSION.

• Post these elsewhere online.
• Use images for web banners or graphics.

-John Carey (curator, owner)