Parallax

iOS 7 Parallax Wallpaper Pack

Well, it took me a little longer than I had expected but here we go. The fiftyfootshadows parallax wallpaper pack for iOS devices running iOS 7. After quite a bit of research and trial and error I have settled on what I believe to be the optimal resolutions for iOS 7. Barring any major changes these images should leave you set for a good long while.

For those of you new to the site, welcome! These are but a small selection of what is and what will be available among these pages. This is a space endlessly growing with new imagery, stories, reviews and more. Photography, music, life. Its always been the mantra of 50ft and I don’t see any reason to slow down.

That said, this is not the first time I have made a pack like this available, in the past any time Apple has chosen to release a new device I have followed suit and produced a new pack for users of their latest tech. Also, from here on out, all new wallpapers will be updated to these modern resolutions. The iPad crops are at a resolution of 2524x2524px and the iPhone versions are 744x1392px. These were chosen based upon standards Apple has in place with their own built in wallpaper imagery. After a through amount of testing these resolutions worked the best and provided me with the most accurate results in my cropping choices. Click the follow through link for the rest.

Now, down to business. For the first time I have chosen to handle the pack a little bit differently. The pack is 100 images strong, a mix of photographs old and new cropped for both the iPhone as well as the iPad. Here within this post I have supplied my usual approach for these packs. Find an image you like and tap on it to access the full resolution version. I have chosen 30 images which can be accessed below in both resolutions. I hope you guys enjoy the selection!

But wait, what about the other 70? That is where I have decided to handle things a little differently. Because I have pulled such a large amount of images together for this pack, I fear many casual users out there will download and run, which is fine by me. It’s just that this type of usage always leads to the images being lost, re-distributed, and even in some cases sold without credit or mention of their source. Handing out high resolution copies all in one place gives many the wrong idea because most of us are so used to finding links like this one online and assuming they are simply random collections of free images.

The thing is though, the photography that I share here is not just a bunch of random images sourced from around the web, they are a representation of my life. These moments are the result of years and years of devotion of time, energy, and money and I can’t help but get down when I start seeing them get lost out into the internet ether.

Explanation aside, the full pack is available as a simple Zip download. There are three different versions of the Zip file. The first two offer either only the iPhone, or only the iPad versions and the third contains both version packs.

For the first time in the nearly six year history of fiftyfootshadows.net I have chosen to charge for a full pack of images.  As I mentioned, the usual well rounded selection of images can be found below free of charge but the full pack of 100 images are are available at the following rates.

iPhone Edition $7 (100 Pack for iPhone, preview)

iPad Edition $7 (100 Pack for iPad, preview)

Combo Pack $10 (Combo pack containing both the iPhone and the iPad versions)

Note: Checkout is being handled securely by Gumroad, your personal information is not shared with me. If you have any trouble purchasing a pack let me know through an email.

I can not thank you enough for your support. This money will go directly into the sites continued growth and development. There are a number of ideas I have been cooking up but will take a base level of capital to get things started.  It is the first modest step forward in seeing a few of my goals for 50ft to fall into place before the years end.

Tech Note: If you are downloading the Zip file directly on your iOS device you will need a third party document app because of shortcomings in the iOS and its lack of a broad file management system. I could easily suggest Documents by Readdle. (http://readdle.com/products/documents/) its free, covers all the basics and allows you to unzip the file and save images to your Camera Roll for access within the OS. Simply take the link sent to you in your purchase confirmation email, go to the browser function of the Documents app and enter the download address. Once the page has loaded on your device in Documents browser you will be presented with a Save File screen in which you choose where you would like to save the file. Keep in mind the files are quite large and download times may vary. Mail me with any questions and I will do the best I can to help sort it out.

—–

I have simplified my terms as much as possible in the following. These images are all ©John Carey and are NOT being made available with a creative commons license. Commercial licensing is available upon request.

• Post these elsewhere online.
• Use images for web banners or graphics.

If you are caught using an image without permission you will either be billed for its use or asked to remove the image.

If you are unable to purchase the full pack, I still appreciate your support in continuing to visit and share fiftyfootshadows, now that this pack is out of the way I can get back into my regular weekly new wallpaper updates which will remain free as always. I tried to include a solid selection of great wallpapers below, just take your pick and enjoy! Who knows, I may even add a few more to this selection in case I missed someones all time favorite wall from 50ft or something of the sort. (Check the full image pack previews above for additional images not included in the images seen below.)

iPad selections, simply click on the image you would like to save.

wooden dragon white sand washed out the fish the bend

tape summer berries squaw flat soft fresh pro2

only one now spinning major minor love locks korean bud

just one more in rotation follow along foggy morning drive field of gold

croissant club clack caged burry fall

bulbs blaze between here and there ambience 55mm

—–

iPhone selections, also simply click on the image you would like to save.

wooden_dragon white_sand washed_out the_fish the_bend

tape summer_berries squaw_flat soft_fresh pro_2

only_one now_spinning001 major_minor love_locks korean_bud

just_one_more in_rotation follow_along foggy_morning_drive field_of_gold

croissant club clack caged burry_fall

bulbs blaze between_here_and_there ambience 55mm

Comments

1. Ben Goulding-Huckle - November 6, 2013 at 4:31 am

Great wallpapers! Just to note, the piano iPhone wallpaper has a bad link.

2. Johan - November 6, 2013 at 4:54 am

Lovely collection! $10 coming your way. Heck, I’d have payed $10 for just the free ones just as well.

3. rho - November 6, 2013 at 5:34 am

thanks man : )

4. Martin - November 6, 2013 at 5:40 am

So happy to support the site in such an awesome way. You have my 10$ John. Well deserved.

5. john - November 6, 2013 at 5:41 am

Sorry about the link, hopefully there aren’t more of them. Never underestimate the monotony of creating 60 links one after the other. I was in a trance copying and pasting haha. Glad everyone is enjoying them so far!

6. Kumpulan Wallpaper Parallax Keren Buat iOS 7 (iPhone & iPad) - MakeMac - November 6, 2013 at 5:44 am

[…] di Fifty Foot Shadows sendiri sudah menghadirkan 100 wallpaper parallax buat para pengguna iPhone dan iPad, yang sudah […]

7. Luca Soldaini - November 6, 2013 at 7:58 am

The wooden dragon for iPhone is broken, too. Anyway, congrats for the release!

8. Tom - November 6, 2013 at 8:57 am

Do you also have a desktop version pack?

Kind regards,

9. john - November 6, 2013 at 10:54 am

Tom, not at the moment but its something I have considered putting together for a while now. A few of the images above I had intentions of making full posts out of which will include desktop versions. Keep an eye out for future updates. I am going to try and accomplish as much as I can before the year is out!

10. Michael Tsai - Blog - iOS 7 Wallpaper Problems - November 6, 2013 at 12:02 pm

[…] (2013-11-06): John Carey has some great wallpapers and recommends a resolution of 744×1392 for iPhone and […]

11. Joe Benitez - November 6, 2013 at 12:37 pm

Great wallpapers the iPhone Dragon wallpaper has a bad link too. Do you have that image for the desktop? its amazing.

12. john - November 6, 2013 at 12:41 pm

Thanks Joe! I will see what I can do for you.

13. Todd Thomas - November 6, 2013 at 1:32 pm

From the name of the article I thought maybe you’d found a way to make layers of the image move when the device is tilted or moved. They seem to be static images though. Why is it called ‘iOS 7 Parallax Wallpaper Pack’?

14. john - November 6, 2013 at 1:47 pm

Ah wouldn’t that be amazing, that would be great fun making layer photographs composited from a few layers. The moving images you are thinking about are Apples “Dynamic” wallpapers. The word Parallax refers to the effect they have added to static wallpapers where the background appears to float below the icons on the screen. Sorry to disappoint!

15. Adam - November 6, 2013 at 3:35 pm

About time I’m able to pay to support your beautiful images!

16. Mark - November 6, 2013 at 11:58 pm

Great shot! I love it. :D

17. apodict - November 7, 2013 at 9:56 am

Hey!

I’ve bought combo pack and want to thank you for amazingly cool works!

But i have a question: sorry i don’t quite understand “to don’t use images for web banners or graphics.” – may i use it for Facebook page (personal one, not any commercial purpose) cover?

18. John Carey - November 7, 2013 at 12:42 pm

Happy you enjoy them! As for Facebook type cover pages, honestly, I don’t mind as long as it’s for a personal page and you add a credit to fiftyfootshadows.net when you post the photo. I simply like to know when photos get used for other things because its so easy to loose track of them these days and I love to see how they are being used. Thanks so much for asking, thats usually all I want when people utilize them for personal uses other than their wallpaper image. Thanks again!

19. apodict - November 7, 2013 at 9:00 pm

Thanks!

Of course i will credit you :)

20. Daniel Mishenko - November 8, 2013 at 2:47 pm

Sorry, I live in Iran and here we cannot spend money over net, I can’t pay so I won’t use your photos :(

21. John - November 8, 2013 at 3:11 pm

Daniel, sorry about that! I know there are restrictions like that in some areas of the world. Keep an eye out for an email from me, I will be sure you are taken care of. -J

22. Bryan - November 9, 2013 at 1:11 am

Beautiful wallpapers. I’m interested in a commercial license, please contact me when you can.

23. Ilan - November 9, 2013 at 11:07 pm

I don’t even remember how I first found your site some years ago, but I’m glad I did. Your photography is fantastic and I’m very glad I can show my support to what you do.

24. Fondos de pantalla parallax para iOS 7 en iPhoneros.com - November 10, 2013 at 6:25 am

[…] bonitos fondos como los de la imagen de arriba, pueden ser descargados desde la web de su autor, John Carey. Simplete visita esa web, y en la parte baja de la pantalla, podrás encontrar versiones de esas 30 […]

25. Fondos de pantalla parallax para iOS 7 Noticias y Programas - November 10, 2013 at 9:35 am

26. David Barr - November 10, 2013 at 5:24 pm

The zip file DIDNT DOWNLOAD and I was left with two options to open the files NEITHER of which worked.

Still haven’t got the wallpaper images !

27. John Carey - November 10, 2013 at 5:51 pm

Sorry about that David! I would be happy to lend a hand, I have sent you an email to ask for more detail so I am able to help out. -J

28. John Carey - November 10, 2013 at 5:57 pm

Tech Note: For those wondering that may come across the comments here, if you are downloading the Zip file directly on your iOS device you will need a third party Document app because of shortcomings in the iOS and its lack of good file management. I could easily suggest Documents by Readdle. (http://readdle.com/products/documents/) its free, covers all the basics and allows you to unzip the file and save images to your Camera roll for access within the OS.

29. iOS 7 Wallpaper Crop GM - November 11, 2013 at 3:07 pm

[…] If you are in the need of some nice wallpapers cropped, zipped and ready to roll then by all means take a look at my latest pack of wallpapers for iOS devices here. […]

30. How To Size iOS 7 Wallpaper — The Brooks Review - November 11, 2013 at 4:33 pm

[…] linked to John Carey’s excellent iOS wallpapers the other day, but Carey just posted details on how he came up with an ideal size for the parallax […]

31. Alan Galloway - November 12, 2013 at 6:20 pm

Featured on TodaysHype.com here:

Keep up the great work!

32. iOS 7 Wallpaper Size | Ryan Markel - November 13, 2013 at 10:19 am

[…] of, John has a fantastic collection of wallpapers available that you can purchase for both form factors combined for just $10. I recommend them because they are […]

33. Sundar - November 17, 2013 at 1:52 am

Hi John,

Ive been a very big fan of your work! My iDevices exclusively use 50ft wallpapers. Glad you could put together a collection for ios7. Have bought it. Waiting on a desktop release.. Keep up the awesome work!!

34. Salomón Dagher - November 19, 2013 at 4:36 am

Thanks! Heard it from iPad Today …

35. Taylor Cohron - November 20, 2013 at 11:51 am

Once I have $10 to spare, this is the first place I’m heading! These are absolutely gorgeous as always! just tried one of the free ones on my iPad, looks beautiful! Great work.

36. A tale of iPhone past – May Contain Blueberries - November 22, 2013 at 10:50 am

[…] My current one is from the great photographer  John Carey at Fifty Foot Shadows who published a set of images specifically designed to take advantage of the parallax effect in iOS […]

37. Impressionantes papéis de parede para Mac, iPad e iPhone FREE - November 28, 2013 at 12:54 am

[…] o tamanho certo de uma foto para uso no iOS 7, ficando ainda melhor com os novos efeitos. Seu pacote para iOS paralaxe tem uma série de belas imagens. E Bradley Castaneda tem impressionantes coleções de papéis de […]

38. Luca S. - November 29, 2013 at 7:25 pm

I’d be really really great if you could post a desktop version of the Dragon wallpaper! I usually keep the same desktop wallpaper on my retina MBP, my iPad and my iPhone, so I can’t use the iPad wallpaper on my laptop!

PS: I’ve not purchased the wallpaper set because I was hoping you would release the desktop versions of all the included wallpapers. I wouldn’t mind paying $15-$20 for the Combo pack (ipad, iphone, desktop)

39. Nicole - December 5, 2013 at 6:40 am

Amazing work. Best of luck to your future endeavors!

40. Alamdab - December 15, 2013 at 9:10 am

): Im from brazil, i have no paypal acc

41. Kiernan - December 16, 2013 at 6:28 pm

Would it be possible to include See Sea (http://fiftyfootshadows.net/2009/09/01/see-sea/), especially the top one?

I’ve used it as my primary mobile device background for 2+ years now because it’s so beautiful.

Thank you!

42. sharon - January 31, 2014 at 5:51 pm

Hi,

I have a website related to graphics and clipart. I’m interested in buying a back-link on your site.

Are you interested in something like this?

If so, please let me know your price, etc

Thanks :)
    Sharon

43. iOS 7.1 | NSLog(); - March 27, 2014 at 9:10 am

[…] A recommendation to use 744×1392 for iPhone wallpaper […]

44. Jake Cressman - June 11, 2014 at 2:37 pm

Hi,

I’m a designer and I may want to use one of your photos as a background in an image for a client’s website. The client is an eyewear shop. We are still in the comp stage of the design, but I wanted to ask you what your rate is to let the client know. The image is of a boardwalk leading to a beach.

Thanks!

And I love your work!

-Jake

45. Dan - July 1, 2014 at 8:41 am

I was looking to buy that awesome wallpaper bundle, but was surprised that I can’t pay with PayPal. And since I don’t own a credit card I’m kinda left feeling disappointed.

Is there some other way I could make a payment?

46. Byron - July 14, 2014 at 2:53 pm

Gracias… Son increíbles…!!!

47. qwerty - July 17, 2014 at 9:22 am

3rd row, 4th pic (from 1st picture), I need name of pack…

Thanks

48. John Carey - July 17, 2014 at 11:25 am

Im not sure what you asking? Name of the pack of images? Name of what is in one of the images? Sorry, I checked but I’m not sure.

49. qwerty - July 18, 2014 at 6:34 am

There is a link, I need a name of wallpaper pack where is this image…

Thank you very much!