Check One

Hey there guys, I know its been all too quiet around here since all the excitement of the newest iPhones hitting the market. Over the years I have offered packs of wallpapers when there are new changes to iOS resolutions and I don’t plan on this one being any different. I am planning a nice pack of updated wallpapers for the new iPhone 6’s big screens and once the pack is out all new wallpapers in the future will also carry these resolutions. Looks like I will have to offer 4 iOS versions of wallpapers now. So it goes. Just need to sort out some adjustments to my download button code.

The delay in its release is simply because I have been swamped this month with work. This post is my test post for the new resolutions. I am also including versions with test boxes using the same technique I used to sort out the original iOS7  sizes which was super confusing at the time. Thankfully there are a lot more people out there sorting these things out this time so these resolutions should be pretty spot on I hope. The resolutions I am using are 852×1608 (iPhone 6) and 2662×2662 (iPhone 6 Plus).

The wallpaper buttons below are for existing iPads and iPhone 5/s/c. Here is a link to the iPhone 6 version, and here is a link to the iPhone 6+ version.

Here are the versions I made for testing, may as well share them too eh? SIX test. SIX+ test.

If all goes well I should have the new packs out soon, thanks for your patience! Also, while you are here, why not let me know if there are any old favorites that you would like me to include in the new packs. Unfortunately I am unable to convert my entire wallpaper library but I will be sure to make a nice well rounded set.

OK guys so I have tested a couple different 6+ resolutions and still have not found one that matches my expectations and I am almost certain they are not correct. I am 98% sure that the iPhone 6 res is correct though. Being the perfectionist I am when it comes to this I would much rather get this right the first time around. I found a friend in town that is willing to help me out by letting me use a tester 6+ he has available so I can mess around with my own ideas and see what I can come up with this week. Hang tight. We will get there. I am just as anxious as everyone else to get the new packs up and live!

1. Paul Anthony Webb - September 28, 2014 at 8:44 am

I found those same resources for the 6 screens. Looking forward to the updated wallpaper!

2. DearFloyd - September 28, 2014 at 2:35 pm

Can’t wait on the newest packs. The Love Locks shot from a while back would be a great addition to the new set of wallpapers.

3. KAC - September 28, 2014 at 6:07 pm

The two wallpapers I currently use on my 5 are “blue skies are coming” and “ote” from the Neon Graveyard. I’d love to have new iPhone 6 versions of both of those :)

4. Wendy - September 28, 2014 at 8:35 pm

Hi John,

Been enjoying every single one of your wallpapers, but these two are currently my favourite and would love to see them in the new pack:

Looking forward to another set of your wallpapers!

5. Adam Schoales - September 29, 2014 at 9:09 pm

Well, everything from the iOS 7 pack was great! Also a big fan of “Fall Is”, your photos of vinyl, and “Blue Christmas”

6. Billy Adams - September 29, 2014 at 9:45 pm

Thanks for all you do for all of us!! Couldn’t imagine my computers or phone or iPad without a wallpaper from you.

My favorites are:
    – db (the soundboard one)
    – Doom
    – Glass Lake
    – Half Awake Two
    – Cafe Noir (both B&W and color)
    – Dust
    – Live (my current wallpaper)

7. Macada - October 30, 2014 at 10:51 pm

Your work is astounding! Any chance of 2880×1800 for Retina MacBook Pros?

8. John Carey - November 11, 2014 at 12:02 am

Soon! It’s in the works.

• Share with friends.

By downloading any content from you agree to the following terms:

All of the images contained within this website,, are property of, John Carey unless otherwise posted. The images are distributed as freeware but they are available for personal use only on your personal computer, tablet, or smartphone as your wallpaper image. Any use of these images for any purpose other than this is a violation of these terms and anyone found using said images will be asked to either compensate the creator for doing so or be asked to stop using them immediately.

I ask that you refrain from using any images found on to create physically printed material of any kind. This includes posters, photographic prints, fliers, etc. Under no circumstances may you make a physical reproduction without written permission.

When sharing images via your personal blogs I kindly ask that you link back directly to either the post the image was taken from or the base of the website at and give a credit to Do not re-post full resolution desktop images anywhere without permission. If you would like to use an image for your blog background or something of the sort simply write to ask first. Support the artwork you admire! Also, it is greatly appreciated if you do NOT link directly to the zip files. This is more or less the same as re-posting them as it circumvents the tiny bit of support I ask of you which is to simply link back to the original post for others to enjoy the site.