Beach Dream

Beach Dream

Take a deep breath for me, it’s OK, go ahead. Our lives are filled with noise so it can be good to take little unexpected breaks from time to time. The weather is warming up around here so I looked back through my archives and found a few shots from the coast to share. Messing about with focus and perspective as always. The odd image out is the oddly tinted one which was shot through a pair sunglasses for a simple effect. Thats all for now, I just thought I would share something fresh for your screens while I had some time today. Enjoy!

Beach Dream 2

Side note for the geeks, I’m using a new resolution for the iPhone 6 Plus. I’m probably the only one using it but I prefer it. It matches the iPhones resolution better in my testing and allows me better control over the end result as it appears on your screen. You will notice it latch back into the stay place any time you try and shift it from left to right and then activate perspective again. This unfortunately does not extend to the vertical field and there is a bit of give to where you choose to position the image vertically but its the closest I have gotten to a properly behaving image resolution on the device.

There is a common misconception that I have played into that the 6 Plus should use a square wallpaper because of its orientation changing capabilities but the way the feature is coded does not take into consideration a wider image, it simply zooms to adjust to the wider perspective making a square wallpaper pointless.

Also, standard desktop resolution from here in will be increased to match current 15 inch macbook models. Future changes here on 50ft will include iPad Pro models as well as the frequently asked for giant iMac resolutions which is tricky for me for reasons I will get into another day.

Beach Dream 3

1. Nit - March 23, 2016 at 8:05 pm

The .zip link for all versions is broken.

2. Andrew - March 23, 2016 at 8:09 pm

Heads up, all the links are broken. Really nice shot btw

3. John Carey - March 23, 2016 at 8:11 pm

Oh man, my head is on crooked lately, I totally forgot to upload the images to my server. Getting right on that. Will be up soon. (and thanks!)

4. @CaptainAndrew - March 23, 2016 at 11:26 pm

Today, for the very first time, Apple is providing downloadable wallpapers of their own for all devices: I haven’t fully explored/tested each myself, but you can use these as reference with respect to wallpaper dimensions as they are the “canonical” sizes—straight from the source!

5. John Carey - March 23, 2016 at 11:31 pm

Bit by bit things get more and more confusing. Thanks for the tip, Im updating to the latest OS and giving theres a try.

6. user - March 24, 2016 at 7:55 am

Any chance to fix all versions (which are only include desktop vers as I understand) link?

7. Jimmy - March 27, 2016 at 8:53 am

I love the shot through the sunglasses lens, it lends the image a high dynamic range feel – really very nice. Hope everything is going well with the new addition etc, congratulations!

• Share with friends.

By downloading any content from you agree to the following terms:

All of the images contained within this website,, are property of, John Carey unless otherwise posted. The images are distributed as freeware but they are available for personal use only on your personal computer, tablet, or smartphone as your wallpaper image. Any use of these images for any purpose other than this is a violation of these terms and anyone found using said images will be asked to either compensate the creator for doing so or be asked to stop using them immediately.

I ask that you refrain from using any images found on to create physically printed material of any kind. This includes posters, photographic prints, fliers, etc. Under no circumstances may you make a physical reproduction without written permission.

When sharing images via your personal blogs I kindly ask that you link back directly to either the post the image was taken from or the base of the website at and give a credit to Do not re-post full resolution desktop images anywhere without permission. If you would like to use an image for your blog background or something of the sort simply write to ask first. Support the artwork you admire! Also, it is greatly appreciated if you do NOT link directly to the zip files. This is more or less the same as re-posting them as it circumvents the tiny bit of support I ask of you which is to simply link back to the original post for others to enjoy the site.