Catching Up

As I mentioned in my last post I have been sitting on a lot of desktops that I have been trying to get posted since my return from Germany. I have decided to put them all into one big post stuffed full of new desktop options for everyone. All of these are from my trip to Munich, Germany and hopefully there is something for everyone here. If not just keep checking back because, as always it seems, I hope to get desktops posted on a more regular basis.

So leave a comment and let me know what you think and speaking of which, due to a lot of spam I have had to switch to a moderated comment scheme for now so if your comment does not appear immediately you know why. I hope to get some more spam blocking in place soon but until then its the best I can do.

To download an image just click or right click and save attached file. All desktops are in zip files and include my terms of use which reminds you that these images are not for commercial use! Please, just send me a mail and let me know if you want to use them for anything else. Enjoy!

broken

swan

feather

down

ton

park

shhh

structure

Comments

1. Emil - June 23, 2008 at 3:04 pm

Magnificent as always. I especially like the first and fourth one.

2. Tilman Zitzmann - June 24, 2008 at 2:21 am

Beautiful! Until now all of your photos I saw were from places I did not now. This changed now. Great to see what you make out of the surroundings I thought I knew (Schloss Nymphemburg, Englischer Garten, Public Transportation).

On the comment spam problem: I am pretty happy with the results I got from integrating the “Hidden Turing Test”, explained here: http://bjorkoy.com/past/2008/1/6/bulletproof_protection_against_comment_spam/ Is that of any help?

3. Neil Woodman - June 24, 2008 at 3:41 pm

Awesome as ever!

4. Joel - June 25, 2008 at 6:17 am

Wonderful photos! Since I found your site I’ve practically had only your photos as my desktop backgrounds.

People always comment about them. Unfortunately for me, the number one question I get is “did you take that?” and I have to say no.

As far as this post is concerned I’m crazy about park.jpg. Perfect.

5. Justin - June 25, 2008 at 9:07 am

Of course I am still very impressed with your work. Oh to see like your eyes do. I am an avid fan of your desktops and I have been spreading the word amongst friends. Nothing graces my LCD other than your work.

Just beautiful.

6. sunhead* - June 27, 2008 at 6:35 am

awww, i am thrilled to see not only more desktops, but all the warm & fuzzy fans and followers! you’ve come a long way, baby… (for the internationals, this is a phrase borrowed from an old US cigarette adverisement :)

7. john Carey - June 28, 2008 at 9:09 pm

thanks so much everyone! the encouragement is always appreciated and its what keeps me going with these desktop posts. I love knowing that they are enjoyed so thanks for letting me know what you like the most and that they are getting put to good use. so again, thanks!

8. pk - March 24, 2014 at 1:31 pm

I know that this is a pretty dated photo, but I still absolutely love this swan. Unfortunately, it doesn’t look so hot at 2880 x 1800. If you ever rescan this, please put it back on your home page, it’s still one of my top 10 favorite desktop images.