fabian1
Guest Desktop

Flickr Spotlight

I have decided to start what I hope to become a monthly or perhaps bi-monthly series of posts that feature other photographers. The idea is to increase exposure for the artists featured and give readers a new desktop or two. To start this off I could not think of anyone more perfect for it than long time contributor Fabian Gewheller. Fabian used to give photos to twistedsun.net, my old project, for use as desktops and I was always happy to post them. I have to say that he has come a long way since then and his new images are simply fantastic. Its been great to watch his style develop and grow over time and see him experiment with all sorts of different approaches while still holding a feel of his own.

I am more than happy to present a handful of photos that I have selected and packed up as desktops for everyone. I was lucky and he let me choose a lot of them which I am really happy about because they are all nothing short of wonderful and I’m sure everyone will enjoy them as much as I do. I also encourage you to visit his flickrstream HERE to see more of his beautiful work. Fabian, I am posting this before I ask you but if you have anything you would like to say to the visitors of the site please, let me know and I will add it to the post!

As with all the images I post here, these are not for commercial use! The terms state that they are to be used for your own personal use only and because this is a guest here lets be extra courteous please. :) To Download an image simply click or right click the image and save the zip file wherever you want to save it or click/right click here to download a zip of all eight desktops. Enjoy and please leave a comment if you like the images or if you like the idea of these spoghtlights!

fabian2

fabian3

fabian4

fabian5

fabian6

fabian7

fabian7

Comments

1. Emil - June 29, 2008 at 6:59 am

It would be nice with a single ZIP :s Think you can fix that? I usually download everything, in fact. ;)

2. Emil - June 29, 2008 at 7:07 am

Oh, and yes, the photos are marvellous!

3. john Carey - June 29, 2008 at 11:29 am

see updated text above for a link with a big zip!

4. Neil - June 30, 2008 at 2:57 am

Good desktops, I especially like the blackboard one.

5. Bertrand - June 30, 2008 at 12:37 pm

Very good idea! I used to download desktops images from twistedsun and I am happy to discover the people behind the work. Thanks a lot and congrats to Fabian!

6. greven - July 10, 2008 at 9:56 am

Hey mate, thanks again for the great photos. :) I’ll be featuring some of them on my websites shortly I’m sure.

Thanks. :)

Nuno.

7. john Carey - July 11, 2008 at 6:05 pm

Thanks for the support nuno, always appreciated!

8. Flowering Premium Wallpaper | Random Wallpapers - Premium Amazing Wallpapers - August 4, 2008 at 2:04 am

[…] for this Premium Wallpaper: Fifty Foot Shadows | 1920 x 1200 Taken by admin » Posted on August 4, 2008 » Filed in nature, […]

9. vivek - June 14, 2010 at 8:30 am

superb guys..
    thanks for giving download.

10. Transistor  - October 18, 2010 at 5:13 pm

i also like the resizing tool of Flickr aside from the easy upload and download interface it provides”`;