Chicago

UPDATE: It was brought to my attention that the second image here, “look up” was not at a normal desktop resolution but one that was the preview image size, I have since fixed this and you can re-download the proper sized image below..

Its frustrating sometimes having this site that I love and not really having as much time as I would like to post to it. I would love to get back to the point where I was posting once a day or even once every couple of days back in the twistedsun.net days but sometimes life takes the front seat and sometimes fiftyfootshadows see’s some slow moments in posting.

Anyways, thats just an elaborate way of saying sorry for not posting more often, maybe not the most professional thing to post but there it is. It is, after all, still my personal blog for the most part. It seems that only a handful of people read the content I post here anyhow and usually images are posted and downloaded as desktops when I post them as such without glancing for a moment to see the story or thought behind them. Its just life as a blogger I suppose. That challenge to easy interesting and relevant among so many other voices online.

So all rambling aside Ive got a couple new desktops to share with everyone. This time they are from Chicago which I visited recently and really enjoyed spending time in. These shots are no surprise really, simple skyline type deals but I still thought they were nice shots, especially because they gave me a valid use for the borrowed 14mmL I had on my 5d at the time. I hope some of you enjoy them!

Stay tuned for a new music post and a couple other things I’ve been meaning to post recently.

As always, these are not for commercial use without my permission and to download an image simply click or right click an image you would like to get and download the attached zip file. Thanks for stopping by and enjoy!

skyline

lookup

Comments

1. Ben E. - September 24, 2008 at 2:00 pm

oh nice.

2. zack - September 24, 2008 at 2:44 pm

Great shots. Nice to see another post. :)

3. Chris R. - September 24, 2008 at 5:52 pm

Dude, I read, I listen, I look. Love the blog, and definitely understand. Life takes over at times. Don’t get down, and definitely don’t stop.

Thanks for everything you do.

4. Tom Piltoff - September 25, 2008 at 8:34 am

I too read!

5. Tilman - September 26, 2008 at 8:18 am

Excellent images. And definitely a new direction. Not that I was tired of the old one…

Please dont feel bad about having a life. That is one thing that keeps your photos fresh. And dont we all have the itch to post more often?

Please, keep – it – up!

6. john - September 26, 2008 at 12:09 pm

Thanks for letting me know that the content does not go un-noticed, I appreciate that. I really look forward to continuing to develop the sites content and the Flickr Spotlight was the first step in doing so.

Thanks again..:)

7. kim - September 28, 2008 at 1:52 pm

As a Chicagoan,
    I am very impressed. This is a view of the Chicago skyline that has rarely been photographed,

Props

8. Danne - October 2, 2008 at 10:15 am

Hi

I really like your pictures. I have to confess that I am one of the visitors that often download your pictures without reading the story or thought behind them.
    Don’t forget: “A picture says more than a thousand words” ;)

ps. thx for letting me download your art :)

/Danne

9. john - October 2, 2008 at 5:02 pm

Thanks Kim, it was my second time in the city and the bridge there caught my attention both times. Having that wide 14mm lens really made it come alive..

Danne, thanks for the comment, its always nice when visitors stop to say hello, glad you enjoy the site and the images I share :)

10. Justin - October 10, 2008 at 7:10 am

This city is my home, and I love what you’ve done with the place.

11. Justin - October 10, 2008 at 9:01 am

P.S. The “Look Up” image unzips at with the dimensions 700 x 438 pixels. I know this is a mistake because you usually upload big images for big screens. Just thought I would let you know!

Thanks again I just changed my wallpaper!

12. john - October 10, 2008 at 9:26 am

Justin, just noticed you work on the indielist site which is interesting to me because while looking for nice spots to check out in Chicago I came across that site and used it on my iphone while I was there… :)

Also, thanks for pointing out that issue with the desktop, I fixed it up and added a note to say so, thanks!

13. randy - November 3, 2008 at 7:57 pm

awesome! i work in at leo burnett. the building to the right of the unitrin building.