Seeing Double

doubleexposureanny1.9vi6SnO1ikxK.jpg

I posted a number of these shots to flickr recently but I also wanted to share them here with readers that don’t follow what I post there. These photos are all part of my double exposure project that I plan on working on and collecting images from for at least a year in order to release a collaborative sort of a book or showing of some kind called, Seeing Double. The idea is that I shoot a roll of film and then, rather than wind it all the way back into the film canister, I leave the lead of the film out and load it back into the camera. I want to do this and have other photographers shoot through the second time in a collaborative effort. So far I have done this with my brother, a roll of both my own shots, and the third was shared with my girlfriend in Germany. It is the batch I am sharing here in this post. I really love the idea that I am capturing moments in one part of the world and sending the film off to combine my captured moments with others. Always unexpected and always fun and I look forward to doing it more and more in the future. For those interested, the camera I have chosen for the project is an Olympus XA2.

In a bit of personal news that ties into this post quite well, I will be leaving the country again in two days. This time I am back off to Munich in Germany for two months! I will be staying there with my girlfriend in her tiny apartment and I could not be more excited about the idea of spending an extended period of time like this with her and in another part of the world. Over the past few years I have become increasingly addicted to traveling to places around the world. I simply love being immersed in a place where I don’t know the language well, if at all, and the inspiration and experiences it brings. So if your around Munich and your not a creepy stalker person or anything of the sort then send an email my way and maybe we can get together at some point while I’m there. I look forward to shooting while I’m there and exploring the city more than I did the last time I visited for a couple of weeks last spring.

Needless to say I wont have any new film images for a while until I return and develop it all but hopefully I’ll make up the difference with some digital images or video along the way. At any rate, enjoy these newest additions to my seeing double project!

doubleexposureanny2.RLb7HWq10er7.jpg

doubleexposureanny3.PeiXNVTlpBZz.jpg

doubleexposureanny4.sKo8unHxnH14.jpg

doubleexposureanny5.gutcvhSlBJ0a.jpg

doubleexposureanny6.haGgrVdiEWhH.jpg

doubleexposureanny7.DVwcOo2C4vtX.jpg

Comments

1. alek rost - November 3, 2008 at 11:25 am

i think this is some of the most interesting work you do. the olympus xa produces an extremely nice result with color film for a 35mm, no doubt.

i’m also in favor of the first shot in this post being a desktop if you’re open to any requests. =) nice work!

2. Danne - November 3, 2008 at 12:06 pm

Like always; excellent work! :)

3. Rob - November 3, 2008 at 12:14 pm

I second the request that you release the first image as a desktop, please. I wouldn’t say no to #4 and #6 either. What a great concept.

4. kamadiva* - November 3, 2008 at 3:19 pm

sorry guys..
    but i*m the other photographer
    and i don*t give my permission
    to release these pictures as
    free desktops..*

5. Sean - November 5, 2008 at 6:05 am

Doh! ah well, the green one would have looked nice at work.

6. john - November 7, 2008 at 6:45 pm

Thanks everyone, its an idea I have been slowly getting more and more into and refining as I go along. The other photographer did make a good point in that these photos are not entirely mine and its something I need to consider as I continue the project.

Again, thanks for the comments!