Reel To Reel

reel_to_reel_2smalll.2JTR3E8Vu6jg.jpg

reel_to_reel_4333small.mKQzmoRfvKGR.jpg

_MG_0664small.QpIijZ326aJQ.jpg

reel_to_reel_3small.MxKWmKqH09EU.jpg
A new series of desktops for everyone, mainly those of you with any interest in recording I suppose. Simply some shots I snagged at a friends home studio setup in the light of a grey morning coming in through the window. I know a couple are pretty similar but sometimes I just like to give you all options because I know how picky the people of the world can be.

The Images above are not the full resolution desktops! To download them simply CLICK OR RIGHT CLICK HERE to download the four you see above in a convenient zip file. These are here for your personal enjoyment and are not to be used with your commercial money making whatever without my permission please, I love supplying the world with some interesting things to fill their computer screens free but I have to keep an eye on such activities so thanks for your understanding on that. More information found in the terms of use inside of the zip file. Thanks and enjoy!

Comments

1. john - June 16, 2009 at 8:44 pm

hmm, im not happy with the compression of the jpgs in the previews here.. eh, so it goes, the larger files look better. Its the shadows and subtle variations of color that get so weird in digital photography.. long live film.

2. Florian - June 17, 2009 at 5:26 am

Long live film. I am about to buy my first film camera (that actually works…) next month. Trying to catch a Olympus XA2 or Canonet.

Thanks for the desktops! Fantastic scene.

3. john - June 17, 2009 at 5:16 pm

Florian, nice! I hope you enjoy it, the XA line is great and reliable while the canonets take amazing photos but have a lot more technical issues, I have had two go bad on me. But if you can get a nice working one they are wonderful!

4. Andrea - June 21, 2009 at 8:54 am

Beautiful!!

5. Zack - June 23, 2009 at 4:45 pm

Oh my goodness how I love those colors!

6. Linus - September 1, 2009 at 4:43 pm

Unzipping requires a password??

7. john - September 1, 2009 at 5:27 pm

Linus, hmm, no there should not be any need for a password, maybe leave the field blank and see what happens? sorry about that, not sure what the reason could be. let me know if you have further problems and ill see what i can do to help :)

8. Phil - February 25, 2010 at 12:15 am

I love this, I love the color you were able to capture. Was most of it just the natural light coming in or did you add some processing in post?

9. john - February 25, 2010 at 2:53 pm

Phil, thanks! The color is simply from the soft light coming through the window in the room, shades were drawn so it was a well dispersed along the wall. I do my best to use as little post as I can manage, unless of course I feel it helps the image in some grand way :)

10. Wallpapers Musicales por John Carey | ch210 - November 13, 2010 at 7:40 pm

[…] Reel to reel […]

11. Andrew - June 22, 2011 at 9:08 pm

As a big fan of analog recording and production, you just made my desktop awesome. Thank you sir. Beautiful shots

12. Jake - April 26, 2012 at 12:20 am

I love the look of these Technics machines. Whoever appreciates these will also likely appreciate this illustration of a Revox B77;