My Mac Setup

carra.jpg

Fellow blogger Shawn Blanc asked me to participate in his ongoing series of Sweet Mac Setups where he asks fellow mac users in the mac/design community to talk some about their mac setups and take a few photos of their workspace. The series does not focus only on people with fancy, perfect, expensive setups. It seems to be more about the relationship between the user and how they use their setups to work creatively with what they have. Its a fun series to look through if you want find interesting ways other creatives use their computer setups, both hardware and software, to work creatively. Its a great idea for a series of article/interviews and I was happy to take part in them.

You can see my entry in the series over on shawnblanc.net by clicking here.

Update: Some readers have been asking for a wallpaper of the above image so I cropped it down into wallpaper resolutions for everyone interested. Download the zip here.

Comments

1. John Murphy - August 16, 2010 at 3:57 pm

That’s a really nice setup you have there, I would kill for something like that! I’ve also fallen in love with the wallpaper you use (http://shawnblanc.net/images/john-carey_8028-small.jpg) and was wondering if you could provide a link to it?

2. John - August 16, 2010 at 5:21 pm

John, thanks, it gets the job done ;) yeah I love that image, it’s from an album cover actually and was made available as a wallpaper through a great design blog that has a wonderful guest artist wallpaper series. Here is the link: http://kitsunenoir.com/2010/03/30/the-dwp-with-ghostly-michael-cina-sami-koivikko/

3. alba - August 17, 2010 at 1:02 am

hi John, i noticed your ipad next to the mixing board photo on the setup article. what app is that on the iPad? or is it a wallpaper?

4. cass - August 17, 2010 at 4:17 pm

it looks like it’s safari… and http://www.fiftyfootshadows.net on the ipad

5. cass - August 17, 2010 at 4:17 pm

nevermind im an idiot… you said next to the mixing board… lol

6. John Murphy - August 17, 2010 at 4:58 pm

Thanks for the reply!

7. John - August 17, 2010 at 5:11 pm

Heh, yeah the photo above is my site because I was working on the new design. The live audio app you see there is a spectral analyzer. It’s called simply AudioTools, it’s a metering application for audio with a bunch of modules you can buy into should you want more. Its pretty handy at times, here is a link to the app in iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/audiotools/id325307477?mt=8

8. Ocean - August 20, 2010 at 5:00 am

Is there anyway you could upload this shot as a wall? it is just AMAZING!

9. Jonny - August 20, 2010 at 3:35 pm

Hi John, is there any way you can post a high res image of that pic with the moleskine and ipad so we can use it as a desktop? I love the colors and my moleskine and ipad are my two most favorite things :D

10. Jonny - August 20, 2010 at 3:36 pm

@Ocean, totally missed your request in my eagerness to ask the same thing hehe

11. john - August 21, 2010 at 2:06 am

I would be happy to do that for you guys, I will update this post with a link to a desktop version as soon as I have the time. Sooner than later I hope.

12. Jonny - August 21, 2010 at 4:07 am

Thanks John, you’re awesome!

13. Philip - December 21, 2011 at 6:13 am

I know this is totally out of topic… but what iphone case is that?

14. Hadret - June 2, 2013 at 6:08 pm

http://cloudienetwork.com/ — are you aware of them using your image on their site?