It Takes Two

it_takes_two_desktopsmall.jpg

Many of you remember my trip to Seoul and the reason I traveled there was to be with YoungDoo so we could spend more time together after our trip to India. This time around she has come over to the states to spend time here with me. I have mentioned we will be traveling together on a road trip around the country and assuming my car makes it we will start north and head west and circle back around through the southwest. We have a loose idea of the general areas we will be traveling but nothing too definite. I guess I can go ahead and mention that we don’t have a large budget while traveling and any readers around the US that have suggestions for us or even get together for a drink if we are near by let me know sometime in the next couple of weeks and we will see what happens. I know its commonly thought of as a risky gesture to make but honestly, I have a lot of confidence in my readers and their non craziness ;) At any rate, I’m sure you will be seeing more about the trip soon. I also have two 50ft radio mixes to put together, two reviews, and a short article I have notes to write so hopefully there will be plenty of great things coming your way here on 50ft in the coming few months.

At any rate, the photo here was taken on my last day in Seoul, its YoungDoo and I and our all too cute matching shoes we had bought a day or two earlier. I thought It would make for a nice lighthearted image to share with everyone as a wallpaper. If you would like to have a look at some of her photography, she is really pretty amazing and I often stare at awe at her abilities, you can check out her flickr stream here.

To download the wallpaper size image simply CLICK OR RIGHT CLICK HERE to download a zip containing three resolutions, a high resolution desktop wallpaper as well as crops for the iPhone and iPad. Those can also be found below for those in need of direct access on their devices. Please mind the terms of use in the zip file which clearly state that no commercial use is allowed as is re-hosting of the full resolution wallpapers, simply use the image above to share and link back here please. I really greatly appreciate everyones ongoing support and I promise you that things will only get better as time more forward.

iPad version direct access.
iPhone version direct access.

Comments

1. Dante - October 11, 2010 at 10:19 pm

Not sure if you’re visiting NYC/brooklyn but I’d definitely like to buy you guys a drink. You’ve definitely inspired me to get back into analog photography and I have really enjoyed fiftyfootshadows for a while now. Cheers!

2. Carlos - October 12, 2010 at 3:20 am

Great picture, like always… if you come to Topeka,Kansas I will have ready for you, food and place where to sleep,…just let me know,.. I wish you the best for you!!

3. Aaron - October 12, 2010 at 4:52 am

Hey John! Have a safe and enjoyable trip. If you two find yourselves in Southern California, drop me a line. Drinks and dinner will be on us!

Be well,

Aaron

4. Jeff Byrnes - October 12, 2010 at 5:03 am

You’re welcome in Boston, MA, and I definitely recommend checking out couchsurfing.org :)

5. Rafal - October 12, 2010 at 6:34 am

Hi John,
    Having done a West-to-East roadtrip with my wife in July (Seattle-San Fran-Seattle-DC), I can honestly second Jeff’s suggestion. Couchsurfing can get you free lodging, and most importantly, great company. You should probably contact potential hosts a day or more in advance, especially in smaller towns, though.
    If you’re seriously worried about the car, you can also checkout autodirveaway.com – they’re good if you only have a general idea of where you want to go.
    That said, I’m sorry I’m not in the US and won’t be able to get a drink with you, but if you’re ever in Poland, let me know :)

6. Alex - October 12, 2010 at 9:14 am

Sometimes it only takes one…
    … but chiefly because the other one can’t wear Chucks.

7. Zack - October 12, 2010 at 8:38 pm

If you make it to Western WA drinks are on me.

8. Andrew Choi - October 13, 2010 at 1:28 pm

no southeast? ^_^

9. Neil - October 14, 2010 at 2:50 pm

If you’re ever in England let me know.

Aside from that have a good trip ;)

10. Alex - November 9, 2010 at 4:57 am

I’m currently commuting between Baltimore and Orange County on the West Coast. Feel free to drop me a line.

11. sunhead - November 12, 2010 at 4:22 am

you can have a drink on us when the weary travelers make it back to the homerange! i’ll make you something tasty too. :)