volume four

50ft Radio Volume Four

Here we are again, another spring is creeping up on us and I felt I should get my next 50ft radio mix out there into the world. This one has been a long time coming. I actually started pulling it together last December at the same time as volume three but felt that it didn’t fit the season well enough. With warmer days upon most of us I felt it was prime time to put the finishing touches on it and make it available. Where the last mix was gentle, more contemplative music this time around I decided to let my love for electronic music hang out in the open. Most of the music found here are favorites from last year and some of you into the genera may be familiar with a lot of it but its just all too good not to share here with anyone looking for a good bounce in their step. I did my best to take the mood up and down through the hour+ of music found here and hopefully there is something for everyone to enjoy.

I was going to post this a few days ago but with the events that took place in Japan I felt strange posting much of anything because nothing I could post felt relevant at the time in the grand scheme of things. It’s hard for me not to get lost in thought imagining what they must be going through over there. I wish the best for everyone fighting through those hardships, and hope for things to settle for them so they can get into the process of sorting through everything that has happened.

The mix is available here in a single AAC file which is enhanced to include album artwork and links straight to the artists so you can find more information on all of the great music found within. There is also a pdf file with a list of songs and artists so you know who you are listening to.

The music here is for your personal enjoyment only, do not re-host the mix anywhere else online. The songs will not be made available as individual tracks because this is made for sharing music and introducing you to new artists you may have otherwise never discovered. I feel this is one of the best ways to discover great new music these days. So much of the music I find is through others recommendations and mixes like these and I love to do my part to share great music with those who love it as much as I do. Please have respect for the artists and if you do love anything on here simply pick up their album on iTunes or start a vinyl collection. Music makes the world go round and the only way to keep it spinning is to support it.

The mix is available in a simple zip file which can be downloaded here.

Comments

1. Christopherr - March 15, 2011 at 8:37 pm

Love your mixes!

Keep up the great work!!

2. Paralityk - March 15, 2011 at 9:00 pm

Make a .torrent, transfer is already miserable ;)

3. John - March 15, 2011 at 9:21 pm

Whoops, looks like a lot of people are grabbing it all at once, sorry about that. Never considered a torrent. I have thought about using a mirror in the future rather than hosting these myself though.

4. Paralityk - March 15, 2011 at 9:24 pm

Considering you have decent people here, you’ll need to seed to 2:1 and it should fly by itself ;)

5. Book of Saturday » 50ft - March 15, 2011 at 11:24 pm

[…] Volume 4 is out, and deserves as much attention as Volumes 1-3. […]

6. Carlos Cabezas - March 16, 2011 at 1:12 am

Very nice Music, Thanks J. for me it took less than 2 minutes to download.
    do you use an specific software to make the blends of the tracks?

7. john - March 16, 2011 at 1:58 am

The software I use to mix the music is simply Garageband. It leaves me with the easy ability to add links and artwork. A little volume automation here, a little editing there and you can make a pretty solid mix. Its not perfect and I’m not trying to make flawless DJ mixes but hey, easy in easy out.

8. Blair - March 16, 2011 at 5:15 am

Thanks for this John! But, one file? I thought it might be separate files mixed in.

Will listen now. Thanks again!

9. john - March 16, 2011 at 5:22 am

The reason I don’t post the songs in a playlist when doing mixes like these is simply because of the legal nature of it. There is currently a lenience towards dj style mixes and I don’t feel I should distribute original songs in individual files on the site because I am not trying to redistribute the music, simply share it with those who want to discover new music. This is why the mixes I release here are a single file. If they are played in itunes or even better, an iphone or ipod touch it is super easy to jump through the songs and see who you are listening to.

10. Blair - March 16, 2011 at 5:26 am

My apologies, I just noticed that. Very clever. Excuse my lack of knowledge on the topic!

11. Zim2687 - March 18, 2011 at 1:08 pm

Many thanks to you for a set)

12. Fabian - March 19, 2011 at 11:52 am

Great! I was waiting for this!

13. Luke - March 21, 2011 at 5:08 pm

Possibly a podcast?

14. Eva - March 22, 2011 at 11:32 pm

Your “playlists” are amazing! You have already introduced me to several artists I wouldn’t have known existed! They are perfect for listening to on my iPhone in the car … thankyou! :)

15. Matthew - April 16, 2011 at 8:23 am

I love your work, and have been following your blog since a long time. I’ve never download this music files, and now i deeply regret.
    Is there any way to get an acess to the last music radio volume four ?
    Thanks.

16. Alex - June 7, 2011 at 6:02 pm

Aw man, all your mixes brought me to indie music. I need more! :D

17. John - June 7, 2011 at 11:53 pm

No worries, more to come in two or three weeks and I will find a way to make the old mixes available again as well :)

18. Ian - June 20, 2011 at 9:23 am

I fell in love with the first and the second mixtape. Too bad I cannot listen to the third and fourth, is there any possible way I can get them? Thanks. :)

19. Martin - September 4, 2011 at 6:35 pm

Hi,

Would love to listen to your mixes but seems i am too late. Why not put them on souncloud?