Untitled

Untitled

I often do my best to find a good title for all the wallpaper images I post here but this time around I simply could not find one that felt quite right so for the first time I will simply leave this image untitled. As with the last beach photos posted I shot this while down south on the Gulf coast. The deep southeast in the U.S., despite its strange reputation, has some beautiful places to explore and discover. I love the big oak trees and the hanging stringy moss like plants on tree branches. Not to mention the marsh lands and their trees with roots poking up out of the water. I don’t get south as often these days but it would be fun to take a short road trip dedicated to shooting sometime in the future. Just one more thing on my, I should do that sometime list.

Those of you keeping track of such things, the photo here was shot wide open at f/1.4 with my 35mm canon lens and my 5D. The original color had a much more exaggerated yellow tint because of my crazy white balance setting I often jump to but I decided to cool things off to make it feel more like I remember it feeling while standing there. I remember walking out onto the pier here just as the sun was making its final move beyond the horizon and luckily my brother was willing to stop for a second so I could steal a couple of shots. I love the feeling I ended up capturing and could not help but want to share it with everyone as a desktop. I think my favorite part of the image, oddly, is the hint of flare there on the railing.

Comments

1. naturalismus - March 26, 2011 at 10:37 pm

(Image)…

2. Pete - March 27, 2011 at 7:20 pm

Oh, I’d actually have thought it was you on the photo if you hadn’t mentioned your brother!

3. Carlos Cabezas - March 30, 2011 at 12:34 am

Very nice Picture,, Thank you for give us beautiful wallpapers,…

4. Joel - March 31, 2011 at 5:05 am

For some reason, I read the title as a challenge to suggest some names for the image. Here are some that came to my mind:

Set
    Glare
    Lookout
    Reflect
    Beyond
    Caught
    Final Move
    Flare

Other words that come to mind are peer & pier, see & sea.

I’ve never named or suggested names for photos before, but today I just felt like it. I’d be interested to know which titles you considered before deciding to go untitled.

Anyway, great picture! Thanks for sharing.

-Joel

5. John carey - March 31, 2011 at 8:04 pm

Hey thanks for the suggestions! I’m not sure why I couldnt come up with any when I put it up, I like what you came up with here though :)

6. clarence - April 3, 2011 at 8:00 am

have been reading your blog from time to time,and i have to stop by and say i love your site a lot!keep up~love these amazing wallpapers u produce!

7. Simon Reinert - April 6, 2011 at 10:29 am

JOHN! Why did I not realize this before now!? I live in Mobile, Alabama, and from the looks of this picture it was taken on the Fairhope pier! Am I correct? I recognized the buildings in the background of the watermarked picture you posted and thought it looked awfully familiar. I wish I would have caught that earlier because I’m sure you’re gone now. I would have loved to meet you at starbucks for a minute. I’ve followed your blog since 2007 and have collected all your desktop backgrounds. You know what you’re doing. I consider you an inspiration. Thanks for posting your work. :)

Check out my site, simonasherstudio.com. You might find some gulf coast shots in there somewhere, considering I live here. haha

You’re awesome, dude.

8. Александр - January 15, 2012 at 8:01 am

Продам дебетовые карты банков ВТБ, Сбербанк, Альфа банк, Промсвязь, Авангард, Росбанк, Уралсиб, Русский стандарт, Юникредит, Москомприват, Приватбанк и другие банки. Доставка в любой регион, работаем с юридическими и физическими лицами.

9. Nick - September 8, 2012 at 1:22 am

Hi John,

i like this photo and i would like to post this pic to me weibo(weibo.com/nickpu), if it’s fine, pls tell me, thank you!

Cheers,