Still Life

Still Life

I have mentioned it before I believe but one of my favorite parts of Seoul is the cafe culture. Small indie coffee shops are around nearly every corner and offer countless places to relax with some music and a cup of coffee. Most have a theme of sorts and have impeccable interior design which adds a lot to the experience of going out for a cup. This was shot near where I stayed the last time I was in Seoul and offered a comfy ambience to get some work done. The spring brought with it open windows and doorways letting in fresh air and an even more relaxed atmosphere.

Those are YoungDoo’s new headphones made by Urban Ears and offer a great feature that allow you to connect a friend’s headphones to one side of them allowing you to easily share music with who you are sitting with. We took advantage of this a number of times while traveling on the bus or sitting around working at cafes such as this.

Comments

1. William Hook - July 11, 2011 at 11:18 pm

iPad link is broken – should be still_life_ipad.jpg not still_life_iPad.jpg. ;)

2. john - July 12, 2011 at 12:17 am

Eesh, thanks for pointing that out, I keep messing up links when I post. All fixed up.

3. Suzi - July 12, 2011 at 3:08 am

Wonderful shot, only thing is the desktop version is 2650×1600, should be 2560×1600 :D

4. May Kim - July 12, 2011 at 3:17 am

Beauuuuutiful~ Love the angle and the atmosphere! :)
    May I ask the name of that cafe if you’d remember? Would love to visit once especially in these rainy season.

5. john - July 12, 2011 at 3:25 am

Whoops, all fixed up now, dyslexic moment there.

6. thedoo - July 12, 2011 at 3:31 am

@may: the cafe is called “cafe yang”, yang in korean means a lamb. it’s located in the city called jukjeon, south of seoul, almost at the end of bundang line. there’re so many cute coffee shops around that area quite similar to samcheong-dong, garosu-gil etc.

7. Tyler - July 12, 2011 at 4:12 am

Love your work! Use them all the time! Question though, could you possible make an Android resolution?

8. Sergio Anguiano - July 12, 2011 at 4:30 am

Yeah! Urban Ears are Awesome! I have my headphones and I dont change them for anything, hahhahah

9. May Kim - July 12, 2011 at 4:41 am

@YoungDoo Thank you so much! BTW I’ve been such a huuuuuge fan of you guys’ works. Always inspiring me. :-) Keep continuing for all of us (me especially! haha)

10. Filip - July 12, 2011 at 5:32 am

i’m also a huge fan of this website. reading the posts each and every time and cannot wait for more. love the photos, btw! keep doing what u do – u r the best :)

11. Giles Van Gruisen - July 16, 2011 at 8:45 pm

Urbanears headphones are the best! I’ve seen them around lately and my friend recently bought a pair. While on my trip to Italy just a couple weeks ago, I picked up a pair for myself and have fallen in love with them. (Using them as I write this comment!)

I’d recommend them to anyone.

Great shot, too.