peel apart

Peel Apart

Last time you heard from me I mentioned my new Olympus lens and film camera endeavor and I have since had some time to mess around with the new lenses using a converter mount on my 5D. I find the possibilities of this really exciting and I can’t wait to explore it more. It has given me a number of great ideas and new things to explore which is something I adore about photography. It’s open ended mix of tech, chemistry, and art that I can continue to explore endlessly.

If you are a photographer and you are getting bored shooting I suggest you really think about why that is because there is just so much to discover within the medium. It’s so much more than just capturing the perfect moment and the same time its so much more than pixels or what new preset styles are trendy. For me its a lifestyle, it’s a part of who I am and its something I can feel proud of. Maybe it’s just the excitement of the ideas I have been working on lately but I am feeling pretty inspired.

The wallpaper this time around is from another few hours spent out at the lake. I had taken my land camera along to get a few more photos to experiment with polaroid transfers again. Its a lot of fun shooting with such a huge old camera and I love the polaroid format so hopefully it will become another source of great imagery in the future. I took this photo with my 5D and one of my new manual Olympus lenses mounted on the front. Surprisingly sharp and warm and as I mentioned above I can not wait to shoot more with these great old fully manual lenses.

Comments

1. carlos - October 12, 2011 at 3:28 am

amazing picture, A++++

2. Alex - October 13, 2011 at 5:29 am

Amazing like always!

3. Matt - October 19, 2011 at 10:03 am

I really like the photo! The autumn atmosphere is wonderful but why did you place your iPhone in the middle of the picture? I don’t really see the need for that. I think it would be also fine with no phone in the middle.

4. John carey - October 19, 2011 at 12:35 pm

I could see there not being a phone in there and could agree with that. when I shot the scene I was not intending to make a photo of it, I simply happened upon the idea while waiting for photos to develop and the phone was being used as my timer so it was part of the scene and I felt I should just leave it in there in its honest state as a moment. Good call though!

5. Ville Järveläinen - October 23, 2011 at 5:40 pm

I like the iPhone in the background. It’s a confrontation of old and new.

When is the new site launching?

6. rzmaulana - October 24, 2011 at 11:07 am

ah, someone’s still using the land camera. thumbs up for you :]

FILM SHOOTERS FTW