autumn_daydream_desktopsmall.jpg

Autumn Daydream

As a photographer it sometimes feels impossible to resist the song of fall calling out to be photographed. It only comes once a year after all. This year has felt off somehow though, as if the trees are out of sync. Thankfully though, the past couple of days things seem to have started to fall into place. Trees are starting to glow their warm yellows and oranges and the light of the sun throug the trees combined with the crisp air seems to illuminate the calmness that the season brings. A season of transition and a time to relax and settle into the cold months of the year. This is the first of two or three fall images I will post before those last few desperate leaves manage to drift down.

The image was shot with my 5D along with my new Olympus 55mm lens, a fun combination that I am still only just now starting to explore. The only alteration from the original image was a boost in the highlights using a curve tool and a very slight tint in the shadows, further illustrating what you can accomplish without a heavy reliance on post processing.

Comments

1. Brett Chartier - November 10, 2011 at 3:51 pm

Really nice, I have had your site favorited for a long time now. To bad this wasn’t a wallpaper release all your photos look amazing.

2. Brett Chartier - November 10, 2011 at 3:52 pm

Wasn’t used to the new layout, now I see the new download section.

3. carlos - November 10, 2011 at 6:45 pm

Wonderful picture, Thank you!!

4. Neil - November 11, 2011 at 11:26 pm

Not sold on the brick as a focal point, nevertheless nice colours.

5. Neil - November 11, 2011 at 11:26 pm

….and that background bokeh is lovely

6. John - November 11, 2011 at 11:43 pm

Oh Neil… Hehe, I’ll look for something more compelling next time eh? I only had a short window of a few minutes to shoot and as luck would have it the brick here was in such lovely light so I decided to use it. The dof is pretty wild on this lens, quite dramatic.