Daybreak desktops

Daybreak

Many mornings are met with a begrudging attitude, sleep weighs heavy on your eyes and the last thing you want to do is get out of bed and face another day. Then there are the mornings that for whatever reason you wake feeling truly refreshed and ready make the best of the time you have before the sun once again inevitably sets. This image, for me, reflects some kind of hope, even if in a subtle way, represented in the simple act of taking time for a good cup of coffee.

Recently I have been so busy with work that I can’t help but feel separated from my creative self more than I like to be and I would love to see that change in the future, hints the reason for my optimism. I figure I’ll take all I can get. So, till next time! Enjoy the new image and try to do something today that you will remember a year or ten from now.

Comments

1. Dave - August 21, 2012 at 2:04 am

Gorgeous photo, I instantly feel the way you described in your post looking at this photo, a feeling I’ve lived without for far too long. Thanks for sharing!

2. Ann - August 21, 2012 at 8:42 pm

This is gorgeous! And I love coffee, so it’s definitely going to be my desktop wallpaper for a while :)

Thanks for sharing!!

3. Suhas - August 21, 2012 at 9:06 pm

nice one! :)

4. Simed - August 22, 2012 at 4:59 am

Very Inspiring, thanx!

5. Nathaniel - August 23, 2012 at 12:51 am

Now that’s a great attitude to have.

6. Hayes Potter - August 23, 2012 at 12:54 am

Beautiful. Love the steam.

7. Weekly Round-Up: August 19-25 « SOLA GRATIA \ The blog home of Logan Pyle - August 24, 2012 at 8:23 am

[…] Daybreak – Last week I posted a photo from John Carey a.k.a. fiftyfootshadows. This week, another. I absolutely love this photo and the emotions it conveys. It makes me excited for some Sabbath rest on Saturday. GET IT. […]

8. Connie - August 29, 2012 at 9:19 pm

Can I just say that I’ve been coming to your site for desktops since I began college and I’ve never had a desktop wallpaper that hasn’t been one of your works all these years!! I’ll be graduating this year and it amazes me how different and beautiful your images are each and every time I visit your site. I’ll be anticipating your new work soon :)

9. steve - August 30, 2012 at 1:46 pm

beautiful!

10. sunhead - October 30, 2012 at 3:07 pm

ok, i’ll use this one, and give the working man a break. :) i like it. we are doing the best we can. and that is good enough! welcome to the world of grown up ness. it sure is hard. but it is also beautiful if lived with eyes wide open, as we try to do. good job hanging in there!

11. Nuevos heroes | Marieva Cunha - April 12, 2013 at 5:15 pm

[…] fotography John Carey […]

12. Billy - March 4, 2015 at 1:48 am

I realize this is a comment on a really old post, but what coffee pot is that?

13. John Carey - March 4, 2015 at 11:35 pm

Hmm, I believe it was a Melitta pot that was part of a prover set we had a round to use in the apartment we were renting at the time. The exact model I’m unsure about though.