Amtrak

Amtrak

A few weeks ago I had a job at a big international furniture market, more specifically at a high dollar Italian furniture maker’s showroom where we more or less temporarily installed a distributed sound system for an unveiling party. At the end of the last night we were there late removing all the cables and gear and when we finally left the building around 1:30AM we discovered the city had been swallowed whole in a heavy fog leaving us in a Silent Hill sort of setting as we loaded up our gear in the middle of a city where  wandering homeless were the only people around. The air was still and cool to the touch as we wandered back to the car to head home which was parked next to a pair of train tracks.

As fate would have it I saw the tale tell triple headlights of an oncoming train pulling in from the darkness of the fog. I grabbed the camera out of my bag and ran for a nearby bridge in time to catch a few photos of an Amtrak passenger pain silently wait to head to its next destination. It was a peaceful sort of stillness in a scene you don’t see too often so I was thankful to have my camera nearby. Of course the dark of night and lack of tripod had me shooting wide and slow leaving some of the darker areas heavier than I would have liked and an image a little noisier than most I post around here but still, I can not help but love the mood here and thought some of you may enjoy this one as a wallpaper so here we are today. Enjoy!

Comments

1. Jason - November 14, 2013 at 12:57 am

Great shot. Somehow makes me think of a shot from Super 8. If that movie makes you cringe or if you dislike it, I’m sorry. No disrespect. The mood is perfect in this image.

2. Chloe - November 14, 2013 at 12:09 pm

I don’t know much about photography but I think that all of your pictures are simply the most stunning ones that I have seen! I stumbled onto this blog by change awhile back and have been following since! Keep up the amazing work! x

3. steve - November 14, 2013 at 8:40 pm

Beautiful! Thanks for sharing.

4. PhilippmitderUhr - November 15, 2013 at 10:09 am

@Jason: I had the same thought.

A really good shot :)

5. sunhead - November 15, 2013 at 4:35 pm

pretty :) needing a new desktop! might try this :)

6. Eoghan Hayes - November 21, 2013 at 3:15 pm

This shot really pulled me into the moment, I feel like I’m right there. Great stuff as usual!